Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Players putting on weight as season goes on (/forums/showthread.php?t=306779)

Obelysk 03-30-2009 04:54 PM

Players putting on weight as season goes on

Well the title is pretty self explenatory. In franchise just as you see a player develop his speed, awareness, catching, tackling etc we should also see them put on and lose weight. Guys like Shawn Crable have the frame to put on up to 20 lbs of muscle. I wish they could impliment this. Guys like Jenkins and Wilfork who lost some weight to get in better chape and be quicker benefited greatly from this, it could add another level of strategy by keeping a guy at a certain weight or add muscle. Anyone else agree?

bgizle 03-30-2009 04:56 PM

Re: Players putting on weight as season goes on

I don't know 100%, but I think they did this somewhere around Madden 2004? I might be wrong, but it seems like a smart thing to put in there, and hopefully they will do it this year around.

shotgun styles 03-30-2009 04:58 PM

Actually, most players lose weight over 16 games.

Atomic Martian 03-30-2009 05:36 PM

yeah they usually loose weight during the season i am more concerned about rookies gaining weight during the off-season also coaches sometimes coaches will tell a player how much they want them to weigh before the season starts.

thudias 03-30-2009 05:37 PM

Seems complicated for this gen hardware.

Derrville 03-30-2009 05:41 PM

Has any game done this?

Unforgiven 03-30-2009 05:45 PM

This should be in at some point .. Phillip Merling gained about 20 pounds over the course of the season to fit right as a 3-4 DE

Glorious Arc 03-30-2009 05:47 PM

2k5 had this in its weekly prep you could do before each game. it didnt last after each game but the concept was there.