Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Uniforms (/forums/showthread.php?t=306895)

KANE699 03-31-2009 01:26 AM

Uniforms

Wouldn't it be easier and save more memory on the system than by adding unifroms pants and jersey and helmets as a combo just being able to choose which you want at the advanced options screen before you play?

So one team would have say 5 jerseys and 3 different pants and 3 different helmets.

Would this not be easier? It would give us all of the uniform options teams wear (such as all white or all red ex. redskins)

It would also give people the ability to wear a throwback helmet with a current uniform and vice versa, just curious though it seems as this would take up less memory by instead of having say 10 uniform combos for the titans you would only have 3 jerseys and like 3 pants with one helmet.

Exonerated 03-31-2009 01:36 AM

Re: Uniforms

It would be awesome to choose helmet, jersey, pants independently as well as combos (home, away, alternate, etc).

Maybe we can choose combos by scrolling with the left and right shoulder buttons (r1 and l1) and change individual parts by pressing left and right.

KANE699 03-31-2009 01:39 AM

I just figure this is easier than them all the uniforms everyone asks for because they tend to miss a lot of ones current nfl teams used last season (typically the all whites on most teams)

It would also give that customization factor some people want such as giving people the oppertunity to play with the cowboys with their white throwback pants with their regular white jerseys, a white on white combo.

Customization, accurate uniforms, and more uniforms.

Seems win win win to me.

kehlis 03-31-2009 01:54 AM

Prefacing this post by saying I could be way off so if what I say doesn't make sense take it easy!

Anyone would be crazy to say they don't want this customization and it has been asked for many times.

But I don't think it lessens the work load for the Madden team, in fact I think it make more work.

Now obviously in the selection menu it would be easy for us users, but no matter what combination we select, the Madden art team still has to create these unis on the on-field players. (I don't think its as simple as white top blue bottoms when we are talking about the on-field models)

So take a team like the Broncos (Blue, Orange, and White top with white and blue pants). The Madden team would not only have to create the 4 realistic matches (blue on white, blue on blue, orange on white, white on white) but they would also have to create the two unrealistic matches of orange on blue and white on blue (thus actually creating more work for them)

By simply leaving it at certain combination's, they eliminate this extra work for combination's that shouldn't be matched up.

Again, I very well could be wrong so feel free to correct me.

And also want to make it clear that I like your idea, just maybe stating a reason why it wouldn't be as win win as everyone thinks.

KANE699 03-31-2009 02:10 AM

Yea im not exactly sure here this is why my first post is merely a guess but who knows.

c dizzy m baby 03-31-2009 03:22 AM

Yea I mentioned this awhile back and I think it is a great Idea. Maybe Im ignorant about it but they wouldn't create the entire jersey, it would just be a skin that they place over it right? Then you mix and match the skins.

KANE699 03-31-2009 06:33 PM

OMT the designer for ncaa in the ncaa forums had this to say.

"Actually, it wouldn't be as daunting to make helmets selectable because they are seperate from the uniform.

The helmet type, facemask, and visor are player specific... however that is just the geometry. The actual textures (the colors, logos, stripes, etc) of the helmet are shared."

"Yeah, they've been trying to get that in since we went Gen 3 on NCAA 07. The problem is that the jerseys and pants are all part of one uniform file. They can't simply press a button and make it mix and match. It is actually a rather large task that involves the UI designers, Art Department, graphics engineers, and all the Technical Artists.

Will it make it in 2010? They said they can't say either way yet."