Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What's the preference here folks. (/forums/showthread.php?t=307605)

nuckles2k2 04-02-2009 01:12 PM

What's the preference here folks.

Lol I think I've created a monster here with this whole QB vision cone argument. Let's try to put this to rest as best we can.

Which option would you prefer to see?

1.) The last gen vision cone.

2.) Some sort of mechanism where one button press makes the QB look at a receiver (either looking off a safety or identifying his target) and then another button press to actually throw the ball....essentially the same mechanic as the vision cone...just without the cone. (As suggested by Pnutt6)

3.) Leave it as it is where one button press governs both the QB looking and throwing to a target.

I gotta add this to the first post too....fast forward to 57 secs in this video....and please tell me how players making the reads for a QB on the screen who can't possibly see his man is a good thing? If we're talking sim then I guess there's some omniscient being whispering in QBs' ears on sunday saying "hey....whip around and throw that baby...do it....."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QDS4Aoa6QIU

also check out the play at 1:39.....he's got eyes in the back of his head with X-ray vision....what's wrong with tap it once and Vince turns around....tap it again and he throws... since we're getting a simmed NFL experience and all....

Let's. Be. Real.

lgxjames 04-02-2009 01:20 PM

Re: What's the preference here folks.

not broke dont fix

nuckles2k2 04-02-2009 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lgxjames (Post 2039375294)
not broke dont fix

I'm at a loss as to how you look safties off with the current way the QBs throw the ball.

blocknose 04-02-2009 01:24 PM

i understand the need for a way to look off defensive backs but anything were you use your hands to look at somebody is not realistic because you have to look at the WR and then tell the QB to look at what you are already looking at thus wasting time before you can throw the ball

canes21 04-02-2009 01:25 PM

Qb's have to use time to look off DBs... Your point.

djordan 04-02-2009 01:26 PM

too many polls/threads on this.

Tito78 04-02-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nuckles2k2 (Post 2039375263)
2.) Some sort of mechanism where one button press makes the QB look at a receiver (either looking off a safety or identifying his target) and then another button press to actually throw the ball....essentially the same mechanic as the vision cone...just without the cone. (As suggested by Pnutt6)

I suggested this shortly after Ian informed us of procedural awareness.

nuckles2k2 04-02-2009 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blocknose (Post 2039375310)
i understand the need for a way to look off defensive backs but anything were you use your hands to look at somebody is not realistic because you have to look at the WR and then tell the QB to look at what you are already looking at thus wasting time before you can throw the ball

yea but you're not the player on the screen here....you're the guy sitting at home yelling at your tv saying "look at Rice you idiot he's wide open!!!" and that doesn't mean anything. QBs have to look where they're throwing before they throw it, not quite simultaneously.

That's my argument.