Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   IAN..is this true? (/forums/showthread.php?t=307755)

Mr.Scarface 04-02-2009 11:27 PM

IAN..is this true?

After saying Madden 10 would be on the PC, there is report that EA PR REP. told a gaming site there will be no Madden 10 for the PC. Can you confirm this?

Phil_Frazier 04-02-2009 11:41 PM

Re: IAN..is this true?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.Scarface (Post 2039378161)
After saying Madden 10 would be on the PC, there is report that EA PR REP. told a gaming site there will be no Madden 10 for the PC. Can you confirm this?

Our recent press release calls out all of the platforms that Madden will be released on this year.

http://maddennfl.easports.com/news.a...newsId=Release

Phil

youALREADYknow 04-02-2009 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil_Frazier_EA (Post 2039378219)
Our recent press release calls out all of the platforms that Madden will be released on this year.

Sorry to hear that it's not making it's way to PC again. EA is really dropping the ball on this one IMO by limiting themselves to Tiburon created content on consoles.

davep 04-03-2009 12:25 AM

Bummer. Madden 08 on the pc was the best football game ever made....and was looking forward to the current reincarnation of the game. I suppose this year I'll have to wait until about 2 weeks after release to see if the 360 version is worth it.

chris24 04-03-2009 12:35 AM

as soon as they didnt release 09 for pc, i figured that 08 would be the last version for pc. i would not sit around and wait for madden on 11 or 12, etc. if it happens cool, but i wont waste my time thinking itll happen.

its really screwed up to get an exclusive liscence and then not even use it on pc. thumbs down to EA yet again, but nothing new there.

looks like ill be trying out backbreaker and apf when they come out. i dont know much about backbreaker, im worried it wont have enough depth or sim elements to be taken seriously, but it looks hella cool, and is probably worth a buy just for something to play around with for a while.

the youtube videos for backbreaker look sweet. its alot of hype which is sad, but at least its something different.

Glorious Arc 04-03-2009 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chris24 (Post 2039378371)
as soon as they didnt release 09 for pc, i figured that 08 would be the last version for pc. i would not sit around and wait for madden on 11 or 12, etc. if it happens cool, but i wont waste my time thinking itll happen.

its really screwed up to get an exclusive liscence and then not even use it on pc. thumbs down to EA yet again, but nothing new there.

looks like ill be trying out backbreaker and apf when they come out. i dont know much about backbreaker, im worried it wont have enough depth or sim elements to be taken seriously, but it looks hella cool, and is probably worth a buy just for something to play around with for a while.

the youtube videos for backbreaker look sweet. its alot of hype which is sad, but at least its something different.

I wouldnt say its a bad move to not sell on the computer because the sells prob didnt justify the means with 08 on PC. someimes people forget that it is always bottom line about making money. It may also pull resources from making a better M10 to put it onto pc and that would truely be upseting.

Im a fan of BB as well. Alot of the tech and ideas they are doing have me excited about it. But...Its shaky as of best if it will be released in 09. It may drop in 10 and thats no problem but I personally hate companies that push back release dates multiplty times(id rather be told its release in 2012 and find out they are ahead and itll be out in 2011).

apf sounds like it may have died. I dont know much about it but from the public it sounds like there wont be another one.

TJdaSportsGuy 04-03-2009 05:40 AM

All "Hey Ian!!" threads will be locked.