Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Will the online kickoff/punt lag in online play still be there? (/forums/showthread.php?t=307914)

Cast1e 04-03-2009 02:57 PM

Will the online kickoff/punt lag in online play still be there?

I'm not sure if this is a common problem, but every time I kickoff or punt online, the bar goes up after I pull back the sticks. It's pretty frustrating to have to push the sticks forward based on a guess. So, is anything being done?

CapnKill 04-03-2009 02:59 PM

Re: Will the online kickoff/punt lag in online play still be there?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cast1e (Post 2039380402)
I'm not sure if this is a common problem, but every time I kickoff or punt online, the bar goes up after I pull back the sticks. It's pretty frustrating to have to push the sticks forward based on a guess. So, is anything being done?

Uhmm... I doubt its a big issue... its true that the timing for kicking on-line is not the same as off-line but you can generally just calibrate for it.

I think really the kicking game just needs a 100% overhaul... as it stands now its pretty mind numbing.

salbowski 04-03-2009 03:13 PM

Totally agree with the op... this is unacceptable!!!

Im not sure if it's cos im in England but every kick results in a scuff cos the bar just drops to the bottom everytime.
This makes kick offs stupid cos my opponent often starts in my half or with a td... and field goals are pointless.

This doesn't happen on a regular basis with any other game i play online.

As a result i don't/can't play online.

ps. in regard to capn... i wish it was as simple as re-timing the hit stick to the lag, if that was the case i wouldn't be so bothered but it's literally impossible to even do that!!!

CapnKill 04-03-2009 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salbowski (Post 2039380467)
Totally agree with the op... this is unacceptable!!!

Im not sure if it's cos im in England but every kick results in a scuff cos the bar just drops to the bottom everytime.
This makes kick offs stupid cos my opponent often starts in my half or with a td... and field goals are pointless.

This doesn't happen on a regular basis with any other game i play online.

As a result i don't/can't play online.

ps. in regard to capn... i wish it was as simple as re-timing the hit stick to the lag, if that was the case i wouldn't be so bothered but it's literally impossible to even do that!!!

I had no problem with it, but then again I wasn't playing from England :)

Brandon_c993 04-03-2009 03:52 PM

Ya this has always annoyed me too but I have been able to get it down by timing not guess work...:)