Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Wildcat Formation in Madden 10.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=307956)

ScoobySnax 04-03-2009 05:26 PM

Wildcat Formation in Madden 10....

I know the mantra is "See it on Sundays, see it in Madden NFL", but I think that Wildcat formation should NOT be in the game. There is so much 'Cheese' potential with it. I could see people with Cromartie(DR-C or AC) in the backfield running wild the whole game.

What do you guys forsee if/when this is implemented (I'm pretty sure it will be in the game)??

LBzrule 04-03-2009 05:32 PM

Re: Wildcat Formation in Madden 10....

I'd lean toward it's most likely going to be in the game. If they program defenders to be disciplined in their gaps then it'll be easier to contain. Frankly, if they give me the tools I need, I think I could stop it.

Fox1994 04-03-2009 05:39 PM

I think it should be in regardless because, like you said, it's in the game.

KANE699 04-03-2009 05:39 PM

If implemented correctly, and there isn't the ability to put just any player there (ala the cromarties), then I think the wildcat will work out just fine.

Moostache 04-03-2009 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxplosive1984 (Post 2039380998)
I know the mantra is "See it on Sundays, see it in Madden NFL", but I think that Wildcat formation should NOT be in the game. There is so much 'Cheese' potential with it. I could see people with Cromartie(DR-C or AC) in the backfield running wild the whole game.

What do you guys forsee if/when this is implemented (I'm pretty sure it will be in the game)??

It will be in the game....Some players will abuse it online and head-to-head...I will simply not play against that kind of player and leave it at that...

I was at the Rams-Bears game last year and the Bears lined up Hester in the Single-wing formation (which is the REAL name of the formation) multiple times - and it worked once for about a 12-15 yard run, was stuffed two other times for nearly no gain and was a total disaster on a fourth time (I think it might have been Forte instead of Hester on the last one, but either way it lost yardage)...as long as the reality is that things like Ronnie Brown against the Pats are the EXCEPTION instead of the RULE, then so be it...put it in and let it roll...of course, EA's history of over-powered gimmicks (just think back to the NCAA Impact Players and how they were damn near invincible as one example) make me think it will be a bad idea to put this in the game....unless you like gimmicky nonsense over and over as a base offense that is...

Brandon_c993 04-03-2009 05:42 PM

Honestly I have been able to stop a lot of cheezers on Madden 09 if they use rocket catch use it right back with your corner...its that easy....if they use one exploit play all the time find the plays kryptonite I played one guy especially that used 2 different plays one of them 80-85% of the time and I played him two times then I went into practice mode with his team and found the play....he hasn't scored on me since...we've played 2 or 3 games since then..now he won't even play me because he knows his Cheeze won't wok against me...
So if you spent enough time finding out what plays in Wildcat are used a lot or are most successfull then find that particular plays Kryptonite...

ScoobySnax 04-03-2009 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KANE699 (Post 2039381060)
If implemented correctly, and there isn't the ability to put just any player there (ala the cromarties), then I think the wildcat will work out just fine.

I definitely agree. If they take away the ability to change positions like that, then it could work out. It's just ridiculous. I played against the Cardinals once and saw Steve Breaston playing DB! Gimme a break!

KANE699 04-03-2009 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xxplosive1984 (Post 2039381075)
I definitely agree. If they take away the ability to change positions like that, then it could work out. It's just ridiculous. I played against the Cardinals once and saw Steve Breaston playing DB! Gimme a break!

Exactly it just goes back to my thoughts on Felix Jones or Jerrious Norwood in the true full back posistion, completely stupid and unrealistic.

I think the best way to implement this is to have the "qb" of the wildcat formation have some sort of minimum rating on his throwing ability for them to be able to play the posistion.

Ronnie Brown can throw the ball somewhat so its fine, so can LT, so can Brad Smith, Josh Cribbs, Patrick Crayton, Issiah Stanback.

You get the point, I think if there is a minimum throw power/acc rating for that "qb" posistion in that formation then this could work out just fine.