Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Please Ian reconsider the Cone (/forums/showthread.php?t=308061)

lite_speed 04-04-2009 03:29 AM

Please Ian reconsider the Cone

Can we have the QB Vision cone back? It was such an awesome feature, really made the QB position more vital. So many of us liked it, and it added a lot of realism and competition to the game! I am here still playing Madden 06 for Xbox 360 which a lot of people hated, but I love the QB Vision cone, in 09 you can still get away with dodgy passes on the run etc and again it just adds a bit of realism to it.

Best of regards

Cheers

(sorry should have posted in the wishlist part)

g2thecore 04-04-2009 03:35 AM

Re: Please Ian reconsider the Cone

Quote:

Originally Posted by lite_speed (Post 2039382689)
Can we have the QB Vision cone back? It was such an awesome feature, really made the QB position more vital. So many of us liked it, and it added a lot of realism and competition to the game! I am here still playing Madden 06 for Xbox 360 which a lot of people hated, but I love the QB Vision cone, in 09 you can still get away with dodgy passes on the run etc and again it just adds a bit of realism to it.

Best of regards

Cheers

(sorry should have posted in the wishlist part)

Which is why this thread is as good as gone.

adembroski 04-04-2009 04:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by g2thecore (Post 2039382699)
Which is why this thread is as good as gone.

It'll be gone because it's a "HEY IAN" thread, otherwise they'd just move it.

I'll throw my two cents in: I liked the cone, but there has got to be a better way to work awareness into the QBs game. We had a hell of a long discussion on this back before 09 dropped... I'm hoping Tiburon found something of value in there and incorporated something.

lite_speed 04-04-2009 04:47 AM

Sorry about the thread then, I guess that was the wrong way to address the situation. There may be better ways to work out QB awareness but why not incorporate the cone with that? Sooo many of us liked it, it'd be just great to have it there again.

fourthreemafia 04-04-2009 07:55 AM

Im willing to bet more people disliked it than liked it.

I thought it was okay, but definitely not anything special.

If they put it in, so be it, but not until everything else that is much more important is fixed. If its never put back in the game, Id be fine by that too.

nuckles2k2 04-04-2009 08:24 AM

Yea this thread will be closed....

But the funny thing is...you can't really have a sim game without the cone because without it there's no real way to look off safties and manipulate linebackers to open up the zone they may have been patrolling....so.....if you want sim you really need a way to manipulate the defense with the QB's eyes right?

I mean..."see it on sundays, see it in Madden NFL" am I right?

STLRams 04-04-2009 08:32 AM

Oh God, not this damn cone thing again. Its not SIM, period, since when did football games need this cone. We all praise the old Madden's and NFL2K5 and they didn't have the cone. It looks cheesy and cartoony. I guess for NBALive10 and NBA2K10 we need cone vision on the PG's too huh? I know some people like but this is supposed to be the year of no gimmicks, trick features, fluff, etc. Lets get back to playing straight up football again. Having a player with a flash light coming out of his head, does not look realistic, it looks cartoony. This will be the first year in a long time that we have the chance for Madden to be more SIM and realistic looking, the cone vision would be messing this up. Please someone close this thread and lets move on people.

Exonerated 04-04-2009 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by STLRams (Post 2039382949)
Oh God, not this damn cone thing again. Its not SIM, period, since when did football games need this cone. We all praise the old Madden's and NFL2K5 and they didn't have the cone. It looks cheesy and cartoony. I guess for NBALive10 and NBA2K10 we need cone vision on the PG's too huh? I know some people like but this is supposed to be the year of no gimmicks, trick features, fluff, etc. Lets get back to playing straight up football again. Having a player with a flash light coming out of his head, does not look realistic, it looks cartoony. This will be the first year in a long time that we have the chance for Madden to be more SIM and realistic looking, the cone vision would be messing this up. Please someone close this thread and lets move on people.

Can you elaborate why its not sim? You only asserted thats its NOT sim, yet did not care to explain why you thought of this. Realistic QB is core to gameplay. It is not fluff.