Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   LMAO At The QB After A False Start! (/forums/showthread.php?t=308406)

jackw 04-05-2009 08:46 PM

LMAO At The QB After A False Start!

I pray to god that in '10 we do not have the QB taking off for a 40 yard dash when there is a false start. Where the hell is he running to? It is the little things that really annoy me about '09. :google:

Derrville 04-05-2009 08:48 PM

Re: LMAO At The QB After A False Start!

lol i hate that too

KANE699 04-05-2009 08:53 PM

A made a thread about this a few weeks back, don't worry im definatly going to put in a good word for it to be fixed.

Guillotine 1 04-05-2009 08:58 PM

I hope this gets addressed as well. Also, I mentioned to Ian that pose the QB takes after he throws a deep ball...the one where he squats, sticks his hands out in front of himself like he's typing, and freezes...

Ian said he didn't know if he could remove it but he was aware of it and it was something he would look into.

roadman 04-05-2009 09:15 PM

I'm pretty sure that Ian mentioned months ago it was fixed for 10.

I think Bezo brought it up.

I'm don't want to look it up, but I'll see if I can do a quick search.

Ian_Cummings 04-05-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadman (Post 2039388227)
I'm pretty sure that Ian mentioned months ago it was fixed for 10.

I think Bezo brought it up.

I'm don't want to look it up, but I'll see if I can do a quick search.

Yeah, it's fixed. New functionality was added in 09 for the ability for an animator to actually pre-set the player's initial velocity in his next animation as he blended out of the previous animation. This helped immensely in blending quality...say you come out of an initial move they could set that they player was maybe at 50% top speed (instead of top speed right away like it always had been).

Well for whatever reason the QB's dead ball reaction animation had his initial velocity set to full sprint (instead of stand still), so he just takes off and then slows down. Ugly.

IndyColts2 04-05-2009 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA (Post 2039388411)
Yeah, it's fixed. New functionality was added in 09 for the ability for an animator to actually pre-set the player's initial velocity in his next animation as he blended out of the previous animation. This helped immensely in blending quality...say you come out of an initial move they could set that they player was maybe at 50% top speed (instead of top speed right away like it always had been).

Well for whatever reason the QB's dead ball reaction animation had his initial velocity set to full sprint (instead of stand still), so he just takes off and then slows down. Ugly.

I don't get it...:spit:

jackw 04-05-2009 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA (Post 2039388411)

Thanks Ian. I just wanted to comment on it because it is so funny to look at, but at the same time very sad. I'm stoked about your involvement with the OS community. I have a very good feeling about August. :waytogo: