Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   This is what I hope we see in Franchise mode this year and some gameplay improvement. (/forums/showthread.php?t=308426)

DHB_8 04-05-2009 10:12 PM

This is what I hope we see in Franchise mode this year and some gameplay improvement.

Franchise
- Owner mode.

- Bring back the newspaper with better writing.

Off-season comes and you franchise your star LB. You open the newspaper to find his agent saying "My client has demanded a trade and is financially prepared to sit out the entire season if it's not met".

You check your e-mail to find the agent telling you to release/trade or give a new contract to his client.

Or let's say you throw a game winning pass with Brady and continue your undefeated season. You open the newspaper and it says: "Patriots pull out a miracle". Then you see previews for the next weeks games.

But keep it always fresh, make lots of stories and different writing. The newspaper in '06 got repetitive after week 5.

- Have rumors. "Ocho-Cinco on his way out to the Bears for a 2nd rounder?".

- Eagles rumored to move up in the draft to snag top tackle.

Another thing I would love is to make the draft better:
- Have mock drafts, make it more realistic and feel more important.

TRAINING CAMPS:

- Bring this back. Have PR returning practice, route running, farthest throw competition with the right analog stick that can improve your deep ball but make your accuracy worse.

GAMEPLAY:
PR/KR returning needs improvement. In the NFL, the returners barely have to make anyone miss, and if they do they don't run them over or cross them over. IT'S ALMOST ALWAYS ABOUT THE BLOCKING AND THE SPEED. IMPROVE BLOCKING. I hate seeing my blockers all the way down the field blocking no one. Look at the blocking from the Bears from 2006-07, look at the Saints blocking that helped Bush get two return TD's vs the Vikings.

What do you guys think of my ideas so far?

ProjectSRT 04-05-2009 10:15 PM

Re: This is what I hope we see in Franchise mode this year and some gameplay improvem

Yep, with you on all of this. This was in Madden on the last gen systems, it should be in this Madden, considering we've had FOUR Maddens on the current line of systems that have yet to have any of this.

Maximus205 04-05-2009 10:17 PM

Re: This is what I hope we see in Franchise mode this year and some gameplay improvem

Quote:

Originally Posted by DHB_8 (Post 2039388561)
Franchise
- Owner mode.

- Bring back the newspaper with better writing.

Off-season comes and you franchise your star LB. You open the newspaper to find his agent saying "My client has demanded a trade and is financially prepared to sit out the entire season if it's not met".

You check your e-mail to find the agent telling you to release/trade or give a new contract to his client.

Or let's say you throw a game winning pass with Brady and continue your undefeated season. You open the newspaper and it says: "Patriots pull out a miracle". Then you see previews for the next weeks games.

But keep it always fresh, make lots of stories and different writing. The newspaper in '06 got repetitive after week 5.

- Have rumors. "Ocho-Cinco on his way out to the Bears for a 2nd rounder?".

- Eagles rumored to move up in the draft to snag top tackle.

Another thing I would love is to make the draft better:
- Have mock drafts, make it more realistic and feel more important.

TRAINING CAMPS:

- Bring this back. Have PR returning practice, route running, farthest throw competition with the right analog stick that can improve your deep ball but make your accuracy worse.

GAMEPLAY:
PR/KR returning needs improvement. In the NFL, the returners barely have to make anyone miss, and if they do they don't run them over or cross them over. IT'S ALMOST ALWAYS ABOUT THE BLOCKING AND THE SPEED. IMPROVE BLOCKING. I hate seeing my blockers all the way down the field blocking no one. Look at the blocking from the Bears from 2006-07, look at the Saints blocking that helped Bush get two return TD's vs the Vikings.

What do you guys think of my ideas so far?

To add, the draft should be a huge event. Let us hit that combine to get a feel of the rookies. Leading up to draft have a show showing highlights and whos up or down in the mock draft. Most important though is letting us test out the rookies in a senior bowl game. Maybe its just me. Anyone care to add?

DHB_8 04-05-2009 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus205 (Post 2039388593)
To add, the draft should be a huge event. Let us hit that combine to get a feel of the rookies. Leading up to draft have a show showing highlights and whos up or down in the mock draft. Most important though is letting us test out the rookies in a senior bowl game. Maybe its just me. Anyone care to add?

I would love to see that. I would also love to see comparisons.

You read the newspaper and see "(Insert team) looks to draft Curry". You open it up and it says "This is the best LB since Ray Lewis" and blah blah blah.

Give us concerns, positives, comparisons. Tell us "Great receiver but teams should be concerned with his route running". See whose stock falls and whose goes up. Show us their IQ, let us have private workouts.

MAKE EVERYONE HAVE AGENTS, this way it's a lot more realistic. Have around 5 agents, the top agent wants the most money possible for his client while the lower agents want what their client wants.(Home team price cut, and all that).

I would play the franchise for a very long time if it had all of this with great gameplay.

CLEAR17 04-05-2009 11:03 PM

Like the ideas

Probably no newspaper. I bet we will see an NFL.com type thing for news

treee 04-05-2009 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maximus205 (Post 2039388593)

Yea, also being able to see the drills actually be run by the recruits, that would make the draft seem that much bigger.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...un-drills.html

achain 04-05-2009 11:07 PM

Great thread. I hope Ian takes a good look at this topic.

I'd really dig a presentation of the draft that would be like a TV broadcast with analysis of each pick for the first few rounds atleast. Extra media coverage off off-season stuff would be nice too.

Tengo Juego 04-05-2009 11:10 PM

Since a lot of newspapers are going obsolete and web only, why not just have NFL.com type deal? Or ESPN.com