Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Players going for big hit when nobodys around (/forums/showthread.php?t=308798)

bpedersen 04-07-2009 11:10 AM

Players going for big hit when nobodys around

I have a problem where defense players go for big hits when nobody is around while in pursuit. Basically they just drop their head and flop there arms like when you go for a big hit and miss. It is with the user controlled player only. It does it with any controller hooked up to the system. It did it on last years game as well. Not a big issue if you play as a DT or DE, but if you play as a LB or Safety it really stinks. Has anybody else come across this. I'm thinking it might be a sixaxis issue with my PS3 but I don't have problems with any other games.

beeneeb 04-07-2009 12:59 PM

Re: Players going for big hit when nobodys around

Quote:

Originally Posted by bpedersen (Post 2039395950)
I have a problem where defense players go for big hits when nobody is around while in pursuit. Basically they just drop their head and flop there arms like when you go for a big hit and miss. It is with the user controlled player only. It does it with any controller hooked up to the system. It did it on last years game as well. Not a big issue if you play as a DT or DE, but if you play as a LB or Safety it really stinks. Has anybody else come across this. I'm thinking it might be a sixaxis issue with my PS3 but I don't have problems with any other games.

You can disable sixaxis in NCAA Football. It's in one of the Settings menus I believe.

latiger12 04-07-2009 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beeneeb (Post 2039396522)
You can disable sixaxis in NCAA Football. It's in one of the Settings menus I believe.<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://www.latourgolf.net/la-tour-golf-net/pages/5854/how-much-is-a-pga-tour-official-member-coin-worth.html?tracker=2022"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.latourgolf.net/la-tour-golf-net/pages/5854/how-much-is-a-pga-tour-official-member-coin-worth.html?tracker=2022" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Just disable it, good point!

bpedersen 04-07-2009 03:50 PM

That is a great idea. I have looked for that before but couldn't find it. I will look again. Thank You very much.

Russell_Kiniry_EA 04-07-2009 05:39 PM

Yeah I was about to ask if it was your player, or CPU players... and suggest turning the option off as well.

It may be something with your controller if it's your player.. if it's CPU players I'd be interested in knowing the situations so I can look into it.

-Russ

bpedersen 04-08-2009 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Russell_Kiniry_EA (Post 2039398408)
Yeah I was about to ask if it was your player, or CPU players... and suggest turning the option off as well.

It may be something with your controller if it's your player.. if it's CPU players I'd be interested in knowing the situations so I can look into it.

-Russ

It is the player I control and it does it with multiple controllers. It does not do it all the time. It is random. Now that I think about it, I have also had the issue with my RBs or WRs when they break a play in the open field they will do like the step back juke. Pretty sure it is in sixaxis. I have not tested it yet.

Thanks to all.

bpedersen 04-17-2009 12:19 PM

Wow, I was looking for this all year and I'm a fool. I usually only play in OD. In OD if you go to Profile settings/ controller settings the sixaxis settings are not there. That is why I couldn't find this. I finally found it in game (OD) Controller settings, this sixaxis setting are there. I did some test and set it to 35 and it fixed the problem. I then exited OD and just went into regular Profile settings and it is there. Again I am a fool and thanks for all the help. Just wanted to post this incase someone else runs into the problem.