Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Will Terence Jeffers be in the game? (/forums/showthread.php?t=309696)

VUFTBL1 04-10-2009 03:09 PM

Will Terence Jeffers be in the game?

He led UConn in receiving 2 years ago when they tied for the Big east championship. Transferred to Vandy and sat out last year. Legit 6'2 225 and thick, fast, and physical. He will be one of the best receivers in the SEC this year. BUT.. will he be in NCAA 10? I'm sure had he transferred to Florida, Notre Dame, or any other big school he would be. But since he transferred to Vandy will he be in there? I will be highly p.o.'d if he isnt, or if he is and rated a 70 or something like that.

jdrhammer 04-10-2009 03:24 PM

Re: Will Terence Jeffers be in the game?

Hmm...should be rated a 70 but will be one of the best WR's in the SEC. That sounds about right...NOT! You didn't go to Vandy did you? Vandy has the worst passers in the league so this guy is going to be great going against the best D's in the nation with a scrambling QB.

I've heard of him though. There was a transfer from Va. Tech too wasn't there? I'm sure he'll be in the game since he's expected to be in the depth chart plus he's already on the team. He should be in.

dlane0087 04-10-2009 03:25 PM

I'm sure one of the guys here who does the rosters will put him in regardless of if Jeffers is in the game to begin with.

Heelblue702 04-10-2009 03:44 PM

He said he will be mad if he is rated a 70, not that he should be. Don't rip into him without reading

VUFTBL1 04-10-2009 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrhammer (Post 2039410585)
Vandy has the worst passers in the league.
I've heard of him though. There was a transfer from Va. Tech too wasn't there? I'm sure he'll be in the game since he's expected to be in the depth chart plus he's already on the team. He should be in.

You just go ahead and keep thinking that. You may be surprised to find that we have a very accurate and strong armed passer that will be the QB this year. Our QB wont be anyone who's played against Ole Miss before (although that hasnt hurt us the last 2 years against you). As far as the VT transfer you're speaking of.. Brandon Barden caught several TD passes for us last year and will most definitely start at tight end this year. He will be in the game. I'm just sitting back and laughing at people who think our passing game this year will be even close to resembling what it has been the last two years.

jdrhammer 04-10-2009 04:00 PM

Are you talking about Funk being the man? I meant Jeffers should be in the game instead of meaning the TE.

You guys got a game gift-wrapped last year in Oxford. The year before that was an Orgeron team so that doesn't mean much. Your QB last year was your best athlete on O and he's gone so there isn't going to be much to worry about. I respect Vandy and I love Bobby J. He's one of my favorite coaches, but the best talent you guys have had in years is gone now. The Bennett's and Moore's are rare players that don't come around often. You have a tough, physical, smart team but you don't have the horses year in and year out.

I normally don't make predictions but I'd say it will be close to a 3 TD loss for Vandy on their homefield vs the Rebels this year. It could be tighter but I'm not counting on it. We will make a huge statement in Nashville this year.

VUFTBL1 04-10-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdrhammer (Post 2039410746)
You guys got a game gift-wrapped last year in Oxford.

I cant argue too much with that. Although Snead didnt help you guys out by throwing it 3 times to Ryan Hamilton, 1 of those going to da house!! However, I could make the same case for our game against you guys in 06 in Oxford when we outgained you guys 400-179 and managed to lose because we turned it over a bunch. Ole Miss completed a whopping 2 passes in that game.

Our QB this year will be Larry Smith. Obviously you didnt watch our bowl game. No telling how many games we would have won last year if the coaches hadnt been so loyal to Nickson/Adams. We're so stacked at receiver this year that the coaches moved Jamie Graham, who is one of the leading returning receivers, to cornerback. Vandy's offense will look totally different this year. If you saw Rice play last year, that is what it's going to look like.

You're completely NUTS if you think Ole Miss is going to come in here and win by 3 TD's. That game is going right down to the wire.

jdrhammer 04-10-2009 05:03 PM

I always pull for Vandy except for when we play them. I was thinking it would be either Funk or Smith but I couldn't remember. We had the worst O's I've ever seen during the O years. The next worst was the whole Sly Croom era in Starkville. They stunk it up. I still hate Cutcliffe because of his horrible attempt at recruiting during his tenure at Ole Miss.

I really think with the talent we have returning, and more importantly the players are familiar with the systems now, we are gonna put some serious beatings on teams. We owe you guys a big one. Snead should definitely have a chip on his shoulder. Were you in Oxford last year? I'm thinking about heading to Nashville for this year's game.