Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB The Show Last Gen Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Emilio Bonifacio (/forums/showthread.php?t=311544)

Juventino_10 04-16-2009 06:27 PM

Emilio Bonifacio

Hi everyone. I'm sure that all of you have now heard and seen what a great start this young man Emilio Bonifacio is off to this season after being named the starting 3B for the Florida Marlins. His attributes in the game are very underrated. He is a better contact hitter from both sides of the plate since he is a switch hitter and has power also. The other things that need major upgrade are his speed, base running ability, base running aggressiveness, throwing accuracy and throwing strength. He also needs a batting stance for himself cause Generic 1 is not his for sure that they gave in the game.

So what should his new attributes be bumped up to:

Emilio Bonifacio

Batting Stance: Generic 1 to ?

Contact VS R: 60 to ?
Contact VS L: 51 to ?

Power VS R: 25 to ?
Power VS L: 25 to ?

Bunting Ability: 49 to ?
Drag Bunting: 28 to ?

Plate Vision: 56 to ?
Plate Discipline: 61 to ?

Clutch: 51 to ?
Durability: 49 to ?

Speed: 54 to ?

Arm Strength: 56 to ?
Arm Accuracy: 64 to ?

Reaction: 56 to ?
Fielding: 67 to ?

Base Running Accuracy: 41 to ?
Base Running Aggressiveness: 40 to ?

Please

Thank you

smoakbaseball 04-16-2009 06:41 PM

Re: Emilio Bonifacio

his speed is definitely in the 90. hanley ramirez said he is the fastest person he's ever seen, and scouts say he is like in the top 10 fastest in all pro ball.

Navi's_Navy 04-16-2009 07:03 PM

speed should go up, power should go down (he should be between 5-10), and he isn't disciplined at all (he should be around 25-30).

In no world does he have power, I get that you like him and seemingly think 9 games is indicative of his ability, but newsflash, its not. Its a shame he isn't playing 2B because his bat is way too below average (he isn't a great fielder either, dead average at 2B and a tad below at 3B in limited action).

Here are the facts, he has hit 4 HR, 50 2B, 15 3B in his past 1000 plate appearances, and one of those was an inside-the-park. 1 HR/250 AB is a joke, his power should be between 0-15. Thats 2 HR and 30 2B, 5 3B on a yearly basis. That is little to no power. Also, he is very fast, but he is generally a bad baserunner. His speed should be up around 90, and he is very agressive on the basepaths, but he isn't a good baserunner persay.

He really isn't even an average player, he is below average, baserunning included. Don't get so wound up in good starts, I hate having to stress SMALL SAMPLE SIZE!

yyhy 04-16-2009 08:06 PM

I've been guilty of wanting to amp guys up this year too. Kelly Johnson's 3 HR's, but he has played really well since last year's All-Star break *shrugs* Frenchie is much improved this year, 2 2 out RBI's today after batting in the .100's last year with RISP and 2 out. BUT, it's only a week or so into the season. Plus guys will go on month long tears.

I do agree his speed should be raised and from what I saw of him fouling off what seemed like 5-6 pitches every at bat against the Braves this series with 2 strikes, his contact should probably be boosted. Just wanna be careful.

Juventino_10 04-16-2009 08:30 PM

Thanks for the inputs guys but can you please post the attribute and the new number it should be.

For example:

Speed: 54 to 90

Please

Thank you

Rod_Carew29 04-16-2009 08:34 PM

I only use the given attributes if a position player has played at least 25% of the games (out of 162). Boifacio played in 30%, so I'm ok with it

I'm not going to do this very, very often, but Ill do it in this instance:

vsR 67
vsL 40

pwrR 0
pwrL 0

clutch 44

bunt 0
drag bunt 5

pv 31
pd 41

speed 75

stance: Niekro (from 2008, don't have one yet for 2009)

base running aggressiveness 40

[quote=aznpunk]

hey Rod, could you update Emilio Bonifacio stats. its too low.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Juventino_10 (Post 2039435799)
Thanks for the inputs guys but can you please post the attribute and the new number it should be.

For example:

Speed: 54 to 90

Please

Thank you

Juventino_10 04-16-2009 09:47 PM

The new attributes you gave Emilio Bonifacio are not fair to him I think. He is a lot faster then a 75, he is in the early 90's for sure and he can't have 0's for his power if he hit a HR this season and has had doubles and a triple thus far to hit the ball hard and far to the corners, gaps and over outfielders heads to get his extra bases with his lightning speed.

tyler 04-16-2009 09:58 PM

Carew,
Great to see you on the board! Are there any new Carew Caps you would like to share? Are you still going with the Mets & Rays? Thanks for all the contributions past & present.