Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   John Madden: A True Sports Icon (/forums/showthread.php?t=311709)

Steve_OS 04-17-2009 06:02 AM

John Madden: A True Sports Icon

Peter Moore has updated his blog with John Madden: A True Sports Icon.

Quote:

"As football fans across the country were greeted with the news this morning of John Madden's retirement from broadcasting, I was struck by just how big an impact John has made on the sport for more than four decades. We all obviously knew this day would one day come, when John would walk away from the booth, but he certainly leaves a lasting legacy that we're proud to be able to carry on through our Madden NFL videogame franchise for years to come.

As you can imagine, we've had dozens of questions today about what impact John's retirement from NBC will have on EA SPORTS. I'm pleased that we continue our strong relationship with John and will continue to produce new versions Madden NFL football with his collaboration, including this August with Madden NFL 10."

DubTrey1 04-17-2009 08:47 PM

Ok, so with Madden having more time on his hands does anyone think that EA will attempt to tap in on his "free time" and allow them to capture a more robust play by play/commentary for him since they could get more time in studio with him? Just a thought -

g2thecore 04-17-2009 08:50 PM

Re: John Madden: A True Sports Icon

Quote:

Originally Posted by DubTrey1 (Post 2039439721)
Ok, so with Madden having more time on his hands does anyone think that EA will attempt to tap in on his "free time" and allow them to capture a more robust play by play/commentary for him since they could get more time in studio with him? Just a thought -

I'd love to see Madden back in the booth....I'd pay an additional $10 for the game, if they had Madden back doing commentary.

PGaither84 04-17-2009 09:49 PM

could you imagine if EA charged $10 more for that, and Madden got at least 1/2 that?

3million copies-ish sold would mean 15 million dollars for doing that. lol staggers the mind really. That on top of what he already gets.

maybe for Madden 11, give the man some time with the family, and M10 is almost done.

fourthreemafia 04-17-2009 10:01 PM

I dont want Madden commentating anymore. Seriously.

I very much respect Madden and what he was to the game, but he is washed up. Time to move on.

kcxiv 04-17-2009 10:23 PM

I respect the hell out of Madden the person, but not his video game. I just had to come give Madden the person props. He's done alot for sport of football.

Nature_Boy 04-17-2009 10:57 PM

Great read Steve. Thanks for sharing that with us.

SouthernBrick 04-18-2009 04:40 AM

He will be missed.