Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Get rid of the "Overall" rating. (/forums/showthread.php?t=312136)

XtremeDunkz 04-18-2009 02:25 PM

Get rid of the "Overall" rating.

I've been thinkin about t his for a while. Ans even if this was just placed as an option in Franchise Mode it would be very useful. A lot of people see a linebacker rated 85 overall, and then a linebacker rated 80 overall. They will take the 85 rated guy 95% of the time. But if you were to get rid of or hide the overall rating. It requires the player to look throguh all the ratigns to decide what kind of player he wants. Does he want the backer with more speed and pursuit? Or does he want the strong hard hitting backer?

I just think this would add more planning into franchise mode and would liek to see this option added at some point.

myownsun 04-18-2009 02:55 PM

Re: Get rid of the "Overall" rating.

The average person does not want to look through each and every rating and a lot of people dont have the time to do that

g2thecore 04-18-2009 02:59 PM

I'm not sure I'm up for getting rid of the OVR rating. It's like a Madden tradition, it would cause way to much noise if they were to get rid of that.

Jukeman 04-18-2009 03:03 PM

it should be a option, casual gamers would be lost and not play or buy the game....Just do what HC09 did and make OVR ratings matter base on schemes...

Also they should scrap the number grades and replace them with letters...EX: a A rating could be between 85-90

mvb34 04-18-2009 03:07 PM

Maybe they should do it like Headcoach 09, the overall rating depending on the system you ran.

jmood88 04-18-2009 03:10 PM

If you want to look at every attribute then good for you but having an overall rating doesn't keep you from doing that.

Tyrant8RDFL 04-18-2009 03:14 PM

I like the idea of getting rid of the overall ratings, or maybe just make specific ratings for each position.

The whole thing that every player has every rating from every position doesn't make sense.

Jukeman 04-18-2009 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL (Post 2039441881)
I like the idea of getting rid of the overall ratings, or maybe just make specific ratings for each position.

The whole thing that every player has every rating from every position doesn't make sense.

Lol why dont it??? This is the NFL not HS football...Im sure that OG played RB one time in his life....