Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Question about redone player ratings and how that effects progression and Draft class (/forums/showthread.php?t=312230)

stux 04-18-2009 08:12 PM

Question about redone player ratings and how that effects progression and Draft class

I was thinking about the new player rating system:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...a-new-era.aspx

If in a few years of Franchise Mode there are a lot of players with high progression related increases (due to high potential) all this is going to do is make all the REAL LIFE players turn into the crap unless there is a equal number of current player with high potential to the future drafted players.

With all of the changes to the current players ratings EA guys please sim like 5-10 years of a franchise and look at the effect comparing existing players to the ones in futures in game drafts. Furthermore, compare the players in a franchise 15-25 years into and see if your separation from great players to average is still there.

So, the question is:

Is the separation of great players to average going to stay in existence after 10+ years into a franchise. Also, how is it going to effect the usefulness of existing real life players 3-10 years into a franchise?

Donny_Moore 04-18-2009 08:17 PM

Re: Question about redone player ratings and how that effects progression and Draft c

Quote:

Originally Posted by stux (Post 2039442938)
I was thinking about the new player rating system:

http://insideblog.easports.com/archi...a-new-era.aspx

If in a few years of Franchise Mode there are a lot of players with high progression related increases (due to high potential) all this is going to do is make all the REAL LIFE players turn into the crap unless there is a equal number of current player with high potential to the future drafted players.

With all of the changes to the current players ratings EA guys please sim like 5-10 years of a franchise and look at the effect comparing existing players to the ones in futures in game drafts. Furthermore, compare the players in a franchise 15-25 years into and see if your separation from great players to average is still there.

So, the question is:

Is the separation of great players to average going to stay in existence after 10+ years into a franchise. Also, how is it going to effect the usefulness of existing real life players 3-10 years into a franchise?

That is our goal. AT the moment, we are having an issue with players not regressing fast enough and significantly enough. It's on the very top of my list and Josh's list to get fixed.

IndyColts2 04-18-2009 08:39 PM

Re: Question about redone player ratings and how that effects progression and Draft c

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donny_Moore (Post 2039442956)
That is our goal. AT the moment, we are having an issue with players not regressing fast enough and significantly enough. It's on the very top of my list and Josh's list to get fixed.

That is good to know that it is on the top of your priority list. That could be a franchise killer if there are way to many star players or even not enough star players. There needs to be a good balance between star players, good players, average players, and garbage players in franchise later in the years.

Dawkins#20 04-18-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Keep us posted on how this goes

stux 04-18-2009 08:50 PM

Quote:

I am very glad to know you have thought of this. In past Maddens it often occurs that you have hardly any players on your team from the original roster after about 3 years because the draft pool tends to have much better players and at a cheaper price.

Another thing to consider is how the salaries relate to the talent level comparing the existing players and created players several years into the draft.

I can imagine this becomes fairly complicated as there a lot of variables you have to consider to make this work realistically, which I think is everyone's goal.

Thanks for getting back to me, it is really appreciated.

pwelch 04-18-2009 09:54 PM

If they allow us to edit this info it won't matter if we don't like it. We will be able to taylor it to what we do like.

Exonerated 04-19-2009 03:11 AM

My team is always full of superstars though. I don't want that to change :p