Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue... (/forums/showthread.php?t=312231)

coogrfan 04-19-2009 11:03 AM

Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes (Post 2039444560)
Great post, and I agree. One guy links videos from past Maddens showing super-unrealistic tackles and the absolutely arcade nature of Madden and they're expectedly ignored. These Madden fans would rather put their faith in Phil, who's given us NFL Tour and create-a-fan in the past, and Ian, who seems to be on the right track but who has not delivered anything yet and who is limited by the same old STALE Tiburon football engine, than have faith in something new which looks VERY promising like Backbreaker. Then again, many of these same Madden fans preferred to keep their head in the sand back when 2k introduced true qb pockets, eliminated Mario Running (a good 4 years before Tiburon did), and wowed us with 2k's presentation. Like someone else said, some people are just resistant to change. That's part of the reason why we've been fed a lousy NFL game these last 5 years, IMO.

Bull.

You've been ripping the Madden crowd for years for it's supposedly unquestioning loyalty, and now you want to rip people who don't take these assertions about BB on faith?

Let's not have any double-standards here; one standard will do.

adembroski 04-19-2009 11:26 AM

Hilarious thread. It's like John McClain vs. Axel Foley... everyone's trying to be the one who can finish their post with the best one-liner.

coogrfan 04-19-2009 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adembroski (Post 2039444833)
Hilarious thread. It's like John McClain vs. Axel Foley... everyone's trying to be the one who can finish their post with the best one-liner.

:blush: ... :y1:

Danimal 04-19-2009 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by adembroski (Post 2039444833)

Yes I suggest instead of encouraging these people we just send private PM to the moderators and ask them why no one is doing anything.

Bgamer90 04-19-2009 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTheorenHobbes (Post 2039444560)
Great post, and I agree. One guy links videos from past Maddens showing super-unrealistic tackles and the absolutely arcade nature of Madden and they're expectedly ignored. These Madden fans would rather put their faith in Phil, who's given us NFL Tour and create-a-fan in the past, and Ian, who seems to be on the right track but who has not delivered anything yet and who is limited by the same old STALE Tiburon football engine, than have faith in something new which looks VERY promising like Backbreaker. Then again, many of these same Madden fans preferred to keep their head in the sand back when 2k introduced true qb pockets, eliminated Mario Running (a good 4 years before Tiburon did), and wowed us with 2k's presentation. Like someone else said, some people are just resistant to change. That's part of the reason why we've been fed a lousy NFL game these last 5 years, IMO.

lol so you criticize people for not being that interested in a game that really has had no info while being interested in a game that has had tons of info especially in terms of gameplay? I think it's more reasonable to put faith into something that has had more info...

Also many madden fans want 2k presentation.. I don't get why so many think Madden fans never played 2k football...

Man you guys are ridiculous...

CreatineKasey 04-19-2009 11:59 AM

I think this lost revenue just points out that the video game market isn't recession-proof. It'll be interesting to see which games continue to sell. Something tells me games catered to HARDCORE gamers will keep their sales up while casual video games will decline.

Maybe a reason for the dramatic shift in priorities coming from EA with it's football product?

Backbreaker - tackle alley = AWESOME! They are definitely going for a different concept than our standard broadcast view football games that we grew up with. My greatest concerns with backbreaker are: How far they will stray from "sim" football, how deep the product will actually be, and how the heck are MAN vs. MAN games going to work out?!

It appears that different camera angles will mean two perspectives for each player. The guy controlling the defense may have a different camera than the guy controlling the offense. If this game is well balanced online I just might be sold!

If the product contained the same depth as APF I'd be THANKFUL! That game has the best animations of any football game, ever and is easily the most realistic game ever made in terms of football. If backbreaker even gets a sniff of what APF had, it'll be A-mazing.

I'm sure they can mimic tried and true features from 2k and EA football games and mix them with their animation system.

It doesn't seem THAT far-fetched does it?!

Ian_Cummings 04-19-2009 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CreatineKasey (Post 2039444914)
Backbreaker already confirmed VIA twitter that a franchise mode is in the game.

Link?

CreatineKasey 04-19-2009 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA (Post 2039444929)
Link?

I got duped :(

I was reading the backbreaker forums and a guy brought this up. I went and looked myself and he completely read into nothing.

My mistake. I'll edit out my post.

Basically a guy asked this amongst other things in 1 tweet and got this response

What Twitter told us:

@Backbreaker you guys have any details on how the game will be set up? franchise mode (if any), customization options & such?

@darkheath We will. If you're not on the forums, you should join. http://backbreakergame.com

Again, I was wrong in Ian's quote.