Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue... (/forums/showthread.php?t=312231)

ODogg 04-18-2009 11:14 PM

Re: EA struggles with another $310 million in lost revenue...

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYyankz225 (Post 2039443541)
Backbreaker is an over the top arcadey football game. The tackles in no way represent real football. They may look nice and dynamic but they aren't realistic at all. Good luck waiting for a "real" football game because that won't be one unless you considered Blitz to be real as well.

You sir are missing the point, the point isn't what game Backbreaker is, it's what can be done with technology that isn't being done by EA.

Bgamer90 04-18-2009 11:17 PM

I'm not knocking at backbreaker, but there's soooo much more that is needed to make a good football game outside of just tackles.

So yeah... I'll wait for the gameplay vids and/or more news since there really hasn't been that much said about the game yet.

NYyankz225 04-18-2009 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ODogg (Post 2039443552)
You sir are missing the point, the point isn't what game Backbreaker is, it's what can be done with technology that isn't being done by EA.

I am not missing the point. The technology as it stands now is not optimal for a sports game. Unless it's refined it's better left for shooters and over the top arcade games.

GTheorenHobbes 04-18-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NFLHITMAN (Post 2039443246)
This was a while ago and they have tweaked it even more. Look for the E3 game trailer!!!!!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WRtFbhGCtQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/7WRtFbhGCtQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYyankz225 (Post 2039443569)
I am not missing the point. The technology as it stands now is not optimal for a sports game. Unless it's refined it's better left for shooters and over the top arcade games.

Someone's been drinking too much EA Kool-aid. Anyone with 2 eyes can see that this looks promising. I guess we'll have to wait and see how the final game turns out, but personally, this is what I imagined next gen football would look like when I put my money down on a PS3 5 years ago.

ODogg 04-18-2009 11:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYyankz225 (Post 2039443569)

Maybe it's not optimal but does that mean it should be ignored???

NYyankz225 04-18-2009 11:34 PM

It has nothing to do with EA. Look at the tackles. If you think they look like tackles in real football then you have no idea what a realistic football game should entail. The players become lifeless ragdolls when they're hit. That's not football.

Edit: I don't think it should be ignored...when did I say that? I will say EA's approach is leagues better. They should work with it slowly but keep their current method

ODogg 04-18-2009 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYyankz225 (Post 2039443627)
It has nothing to do with EA. Look at the tackles. If you think they look like tackles in real football then you have no idea what a realistic football game should entail. The players become lifeless ragdolls when they're hit. That's not football.

Edit: I don't think it should be ignored...when did I say that? I will say EA's approach is leagues better. They should work with it slowly but keep their current method

You said the technology now is not optimal for sports. That implies it should not be input to current games. Why are you apologizing and excusing EA for their incompetence in their football games?

NYyankz225 04-18-2009 11:58 PM

You're kidding right? Are you doing this as a joke or are you being dense on purpose?