Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Buffalo bills field (/forums/showthread.php?t=312490)

83evans 04-19-2009 09:37 PM

Buffalo bills field

Reggie16 04-19-2009 09:39 PM

Re: Buffalo bills field

OKAY?....

g2thecore 04-19-2009 09:41 PM

And your point is?

Perfect Zero 04-19-2009 09:41 PM

Yep, that's their field. Good eye there.

83evans 04-19-2009 09:47 PM

Sorry, this was for Ian. He asked my to post it because the Bills field in the game looks nothing like the real one.

TheWatcher 04-19-2009 09:51 PM

Well, what I gather from the OP's post is that the field grass in 09 is wrong. And I agree.

And Michael, you know I praise you a lot for much of what you do and do a great job, but the grass just seems like too many artistic liberties were taken. It appears that the idea was to make highlights that looked more like the real world, but this doesn't translate well in a video game and it comes across as overdone. And when you compare the two photos above, it's indisputable that the Madden grass is over-detailed to the point of looking unnatural.

I know some disagree, but the grass in Madden 09 just isn't the type of green it should be. I don't understand how having healthy green grass became so difficult all of a sudden this generation. The design part in terms of detailing I can see as a difficult thing. But getting the color right just seems like a no-brainer.

83evans 04-19-2009 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheWatcher (Post 2039447351)
Well, what I gather from the OP's post is that the field grass in 09 is wrong. And I agree.

And Michael, you know I praise you a lot for much of what you do and do a great job, but the grass just seems like too many artistic liberties were taken. It appears that the idea was to make highlights that looked more like the real world, but this doesn't translate well in a video game and it comes across as overdone. And when you compare the two photos above, it's indisputable that the Madden grass is over-detailed to the point of looking unnatural.

I know some disagree, but the grass in Madden 09 just isn't the type of green it should be. I don't understand how having healthy green grass became so difficult all of a sudden this generation. The design part in terms of detailing I can see as a difficult thing. But getting the color right just seems like a no-brainer.

Yeah, thanks. I was talking to Ian on Twitter and mentioned this and he wanted a pic. All the links wouldnt work so I just posted this so he can see.

will12203 04-19-2009 10:09 PM

Go Bills I was thinking the same thing its way over done.....but I can live with it so as long as the game play has been fixed