Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   ESPN License (/forums/showthread.php?t=312498)

dougdeuce 04-19-2009 10:12 PM

ESPN License

So, they had the right to use ESPN last year and we got nothing. What do you think they have done with it this year? If we have the same broadcast duo, then they have to have used it elsewhere.

ProjectSRT 04-19-2009 10:50 PM

Re: ESPN License

I don't think you'll ever see true ESPN integration. EA bought the license for the sole reason of keeping their competitors away from it. I highly doubt you'll see it used the way it should be, the way NFL 2K5 did.

Perfect Zero 04-19-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ProjectSRT (Post 2039447658)
I don't think you'll ever see true ESPN integration. EA bought the license for the sole reason of keeping their competitors away from it. I highly doubt you'll see it used the way it should be, the way NFL 2K5 did.

Bingo

Plus, the NFL has this thing where they want to promote their own network. As long as the NFL Network exists, I would not expect ESPN anywhere in Madden except on the back cover.

canes6812 04-19-2009 11:18 PM

I personally think EA should keep ESPN as far away from Madden as possible.

HennessyROB 04-20-2009 12:11 AM

EA knows that they don't have to do anything like actually use their ESPN rights.
They will sell 4.5 million copies of Madden every year.

If McDonald's made sure that they were the only place that could make Hamburgers...........they'd probably start selling uncooked or half eaten burgers because they know that you couldn't get it anywhere else.

The sad truth is this:
EA Sports doesn't have any reason to do better.

They've truly got us by the controllers.:y6:

SouthernBrick 04-20-2009 01:01 AM

I'm hoping that will change. Maybe when they start talking about presentation we might get comfrimation of what networks they might be using.

Really getting tired of the This game is brought to you by EA sports and all of that BS.

They put there name on so much stuff in the game and say it so many times, they act like we don't know who made the game. Like were going to get it confused with someone else. They literally burn the words made by EA in the back of your head.

achain 04-20-2009 01:06 AM

I want nothing to do with a virtual Chris Berman ever again.

But the rest of the ESPN presentation was kick-***.

g2thecore 04-20-2009 01:20 AM

I can't wait to see what they've done with presentation this year. Ian seems to be dedicated to making huge presentation improvements for M10. Hopefully some of those improvements revolve around the ESPN license.