Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   So what did you like about Madden from 2006-2009? (/forums/showthread.php?t=312539)

PlyrzNumber1 04-20-2009 02:42 AM

So what did you like about Madden from 2006-2009?

There's plenty of talk about things that nobody liked during the exclusive NFL Video Game Football era. But what are some things you believe were good innovative ideas? What game mechanics (if any) did you enjoy? What franchise features were implemented properly and made the mode more engaging? Is there anything good about any of the games over the last 4+ years? Any 1 idea Tiburon shouldn't change?

XtremeDunkz 04-20-2009 02:50 AM

Re: So what did you like about Madden from 2006-2009?

hmmm, what additions from next gen did I like? Branching Animations. and umm yeah.....wow now that i think about it wtf has changed over these 4 years?

g2thecore 04-20-2009 02:55 AM

I tried really hard to think of something, and I honestly couldn't come up with anything. I'd say visually Madden 09's graphics were the best we've had in the series. The player models were as close to great as we've had, but even then I think they've improved those in M10.

icomb1ne 04-20-2009 03:10 AM

The graphics are the only good part about Madden. The gameplay is still way behind the times and franchise mode is missing a lot.

XtremeDunkz 04-20-2009 03:24 AM

Key features of Madden 07:

Lead Blocker Control:
Throw the perfect block and create a running lane with all-new lead blocking control, and then take command of the tailback and rip off a big gain.
NFL Superstar: Hall of Fame Mode:
Play your way to the Pro Football Hall of Fame by taking complete control of any position on the field. Your actions on and off the field determine your impact on the game.
Run Like the Players Run with the All-New Highlight Stick:
Bust out player-specific running styles matching those of real NFL players (e.g., smaller backs slash to break tackles, while bigger runners bowl over defenders in the open field). All-new jukes, cutbacks, and power moves.
Team-Specific Defensive Playbooks:
For the first time, use actual plays from your favorite team's defensive playbook to shut down the running game, pressure the quarterback, or force key turnovers.
Online Play:
Climb the leaderboard as you take on your biggest rivals from coast-to-coast in Play Now or Session Match games. In addition to features above, here's more for Madden NFL 07 on Xbox 360...
The Season Begins in Mini-Camp (XBOX 360 only):
Create a player then build up his attributes by running him through skill-based, combine-type mini-games. In the off-season use Mini-Camps to condition players or rehab injuries to get back on the field faster.
Madden Gamer Level (XBOX 360 only):
Track your career accomplishments in Franchise Mode to earn Madden Gamer Points, and then wager your rewards against the computer or against live online opponents to reach the ultimate reward—the NFL Hall of Fame.
Replay Challenge (XBOX 360 only):
Throw the red flag and challenge any play. Overturned calls or plays "that stand" have a huge effect on the outcome of every game.

wow that was it?

Key features of Madden 08:

Read and React

On field icons show players strengths and weaknesses
All-New Front Office Mode
Take full control of every aspect of an NFL franchise. Construct a state-of-the-art stadium, hire your coaching staff, draft players, and manage the entireoperation from the top down to build your dynasty.

Your Ring of a Champion
Increase your Madden Gamer Level to help create and customize your own in-game championship ring.

Madden Unmatched
All-new player moves, including auto-motion, backward passes and low-hitting tackles, plus ultra-smooth gameplay provide the most realistic NFL gaming experience ever. Control receivers and make spectacular catches or key possession receptions, or roam the secondary and jar the ball loose with big hits and ball-stripping tackles.

really!? thats IT?

Key features of Madden 09:

Level the playing field.

An all-new Adaptive Difficulty Engine assesses your proficiency in the core skills areas of football, then tailors the experience to match your playing style. An innovative, all-new Virtual Training Center allows you to fine-tune your game in a holographic environment, while EA SPORTS BackTrack provides customized feedback, giving you a chance to learn from your mistakes. Then, take what you?ve learned and run the play again with EA SPORTS Rewind.

Most authentic gameplay ever.

Built from the ground up, an all-new Total Control Animation System allows for instantaneous combo moves while bringing new aspects to the game, including missed field goal returns, bobble catches, wrap-up/break-out tackles, user controlled celebrations, and more.

A new look and feel.

With an enhanced graphics engine and new player models, linemen battle in the trenches with more bulky physiques while backs and receivers fly around the field with a more sleek and slimmer look. Featuring the most realistic-looking grass and field turf ever in a sports game, new weather and stadium lighting effects, and active exterior stadium views, Madden NFL 09 is hands down the best looking sports game ever made!

Online leagues 2.0.

Make a run for the postseason for the first time online. Featuring trades and statistical tracking for Online Leagues, up to 32 teams can battle it out using all-new flex scheduling.
Beyond broadcast presentation.

Set your sights on the Vince Lombardi Trophy in an all-new network television-style broadcast as Cris Collinsworth and Tom Hammond call the action from the booth. A more immersive and visually stunning presentation package also includes a new Options OnDemand Picture-in-Picture playcall window giving you access to a wealth of stats, customized tips, and in-game options?all at your fingertips without having to pause the game.

that is 3 years of features, and I think Ian will crush all this one one cycle.

Swingking77 04-20-2009 03:27 AM

To be honnest, there really isn't all that much that I liked in any of these titles... There has been alot wrong with them. Most of the things that I do like were already in place in the 2K series, so using these things is kind of like saying that I like the fact that my cars finally have air bags, when they've already been in the industry and that the company that made my car finally caught up...

The still photos stuff of the game look great... The games do look great when you're not looking at the animations, there is no doubt there...

OH!

Fantasy Draft Tracking and the Sports Ticker... I like those...

As sad as that sounds, and I'm sure a lot of poeple will say "Oh come on, you're just trolling"... That's the highlight of the series for me thus far in these past four years... A sports ticker, and the fantasy sports tracker... And unrelated, if you were to ask me about Head Coach 09, I could fill a thread... Madden though, not so much...

JB0B0 04-20-2009 03:39 AM

what about live opponent? seemed like a good feature. dont know why they took it out??

Derrville 04-20-2009 04:00 AM

Graphics, and thats seperate from Player models and animations. So just the Stadiums and fields.