Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Forced 3 step drop? What is this? (/forums/showthread.php?t=312631)

CapnKill 04-20-2009 04:27 PM

Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

I've seen from time to time some people mentioning a forced 3 step drop in M10, but not really sure if this is accurate info or if I'm misinterpreting it for some reason... but are people saying, and is it confirmed, that in M10 you are FORCED to take at least a 3 step drop?

Can someone shed some light on this, assuming it is in fact true?

I clearly recall on many occasions Tom Brady or other QBs, snapping and quickly throwing (with no drop at all) to a WR that had the CB playing off ... so it sounds to me like this would not be possible in M10 if the 3 step drop thing is true... and that seems to me as if it would directly conflict with the "IF its in the game... its in the game" mentality...

XtremeDunkz 04-20-2009 04:28 PM

Re: Forced 3 step drop? What is this?

there is a forced 3 step drop but you can still pass the ball at anytime you want.

CapnKill 04-20-2009 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremedunkz (Post 2039450695)
there is a forced 3 step drop but you can still pass the ball at anytime you want.

Well.. so would my "quick throw" be registered as a "throw off the back foot" if I want to throw before my 3 step drop is complete?

It seems to me as if that would have a negative impact on my throw.

da ThRONe 04-20-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnKill (Post 2039450710)
Well.. so would my "quick throw" be registered as a "throw off the back foot" if I want to throw before my 3 step drop is complete?

Yeah forced drops doesnt sound like sim football to me.

seriousluboy83 04-20-2009 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremedunkz (Post 2039450695)

but then we'll be passing off our backfoot and that aint good....if tha D is like they hint it'll be that isn't a good look
INT anyone

AndyBernard 04-20-2009 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnKill (Post 2039450710)

Extremely worried about this^

The lob in the endzone would be nullified if this is true

Wet Bandit 04-20-2009 04:37 PM

This is really the only thing I've read that has me concerned. One of my favorite parts of the passing game is reading a CB blitz or just picking it up right away and firing the ball to the WR before the S can get there. I also throw at the snap at times if there's a lot of room around a slot receiver to try and pick up a quick 5 yards.

I guess I understand why they put it in, they want people to play a bit more realistically. But I already did that, and now it seems like I'm kinda being punished because of the cheesers, who are just going to find other ways to cheese regardless.

Pnutt6 04-20-2009 04:42 PM

It's actually truer to the real NFL this way but may not translate to the video game very well.

More often than not, when a QB throws as soon as he gets the snap it is planned that way. i.e.: Fade to corner of the endzone, or WR screen.
The only time a QB usually throws before his 3 step drop is if there is pressure on him and it is not a very accurate pass.

I know there are other instances, but this is how it is the majority of the time.