Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Hockey Dynasties (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=191)
-   -   Rising From The Ashes: A Phoenix Coyotes Dynasty (EHM 07) (/forums/showthread.php?t=312714)

rdnk 04-20-2009 08:56 PM

Rising From The Ashes: A Phoenix Coyotes Dynasty (EHM 07)

This is going to be a little different, so bear with me. And yes, I am using the 06-07 rosters to spice things up...

Big news in the world of hockey, Leon Feltus, legendary 3 time cup winning GM has stepped down from his job as GM of the Tampa Bay Lightning and been hired as the new GM of the Phoenix Coyotes. He states that the team was not the same after winning the cup with him, and decided to look at a new challenge of rebuilding the Coyotes. Feltus first came on the scene in 1992, being hired as the GM of the New York Rangers. He led the team to the Stanley cup a year later, and was released during the lockout for wanting more money. He took over recentally form team Dallas Stars and after a few years, finally got into a position where he didn't have to face Detroit and Colorado and eventually won the Stanley Cup again. Again, he desired a new challenge and took over the much maligned Tampa Bay Lightning. He would GM that team until stepping down after the disappointing 05-06 season. (To make the story work, after the 07-08 season, I am gonna quit, which makes it fit in with the Senators dynasty). Now he looks to rebuild the why would you put a team here team, and try to get his fourth Stanley Cup.

rdnk 04-20-2009 09:02 PM

Re: Rising From The Ashes: A Phoenix Coyotes Dynasty (EHM 07)

I made a good deal of trades, (upwards of 7) and do not remember them all. I got some great bargains (Biron) and got hosed other times (The Sedin Twins, the CuJo deal, maybe). Eventually I will write down all the trades, so we will see. All I remember, is that Phoenix had no 3rd and an extra 4th to begin. After my wheeling and dealing, they have a 2nd and 6th, and for the next year the 3rd, 2nd and 6th. The cap was 44 million, which is a much bigger pain to work with than the 56 million I am used to. The only noticeable player I traded was Curtis Joseph, for some prospects.

Lines:
Sedin-Sedin-Doan
Nagy-Ricci-Guerin
Roenick-Langenbrunner-Saprykin
MacLean-Zigomantis-Laraque (Can you smell what Laraque is cooking? (If you miss that joke, you fail at life.))

Jovanovski-Ehrhoff
Morris-Ballard
Weber-Boynton

Biron
Budaj

rdnk 04-20-2009 09:16 PM

Week 1
Coyotes versus Islanders

Summary:
11:35- Nagy, Langenbrunner and Doan assisting (PPG)
47:45- Nagy, Weber and Langenbrunner assisting

Final Score: 2-0
Shots: 48-24 Coyotes
Hits: 14-9 Coyotes
Interesting Fact: We killed off 9 penalties...

Coyotes versus Ducks

Summary:
25:11- Ricci, Weber and Guerin assisting
33:46- Chistov, McDonald assisting (PPG)
44:28- Guerin, Ricci and Roenick assisting
55:26- Perry unassisted
60:57- Selanne, Beauchemin (OT)

Final Score: 3-2
Shots: 37-35 Coyotes
Hits: 15-5 Coyotes
Interesting Fact: This is about as depressing as it gets for a loss.

GM's Thoughts: Obviously, the Sedin factor has not come into play yet. Besides them, the team is a little slow, which may explain how Perry got on a breakaway. We took way too many penalties; we took 9 in game 1 and 6 in game 2. Biron played great (to all you Philidelphia non-believers) but the defense was underwhelming. The basic plan is to make the playoffs (obviously). Anything after that is gravy. This team is like the geezer team; it will beat people with its old man stink. Although the next GM may get hosed with all the players leaving, he will still have the Sedins and the defense. And Biron/Budaj.

rdnk 04-21-2009 04:24 PM

Week 2
Coyotes versus Blue Jackets

Game Summary
1:50- Balaskik, Modin and Klesla assisting
13:41- Carter unassisted
13:53- Nash, Reinprecht and Motzko assisting
26:15- Nagy, Guerin and Ehrhoff assisting
42:28- Carter, Modin and Novak assisting
48:49- Sedin, Sedin and Doan assisting
58:07- Federov, Carter and Novak assisting (EN)

Final Score: 5-2
Other info was lost...

Coyotes versus Detroit

Game Summary
2:07- Weber, Langenbrunner and Boynton assisting
25:13- Nagy, Ricci and Doan assisting
29:40- Guerin, Sedin and Ehrhoff assisting
31:37- Doan, Guerin and Weber assisting
51:17- Holmstrom, Schneider and Lidstrom assisting
51:29- Lang unassisted

Final Score: 4-2
Shots: 56-25 Coyotes
Hits: 8-6 Coyotes
Interesting Fact: Guerin leads the team in points, Jovanovski has no points, and costs way more...

Coyotes versus Nashville

Game Summary
9:58- Legwand, Hamhuis assisting
12:13- Nagy, Guerin and Boynton assisting
30:14- Kariya unassisted
33:29- Sedin, Sedin assisting
50:54- Legwand, Erat and Suter assisting
54:12- Langenbrunner, Saprykin assisting
57:19- Guerin, Saprykin and Sedin assising (PPG)

Final Score: 4-3
Shots: 45-35 Coyotes
Hits: 12-7 Coyotes

GM's Thoughts: Well, the penalties came down, which helped a lot. We got smoked by the Jackets, neither or defense nor our goalie showed up that night. However, after two solid outings, Biron is looking good again. Jovcop and Morris are beginning to worry me; they have not been producing to their salaries. The other problem is breakaways. They seem to happen each game and it screws us over. We have to work on puck control and Biron has to get better at breakaways.

GoldenJet 04-21-2009 05:42 PM

Great job man, I really like this dynasty, good job acquiring the Sedins.

star king3 04-21-2009 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldenJet (Post 2039456486)
Great job man, I really like this dynasty, good job acquiring the Sedins.

Yeah nice job i hate you but nice job:D

rdnk 04-21-2009 10:22 PM

I traded a lot for them: I think it was a dude, my 1st this and next year. They finally have an excellent line mate in Doan. If Burrows can score 30 goals with them, Doan could probably do 50, especially with Jovcop and Ehrhoff.

star king3 04-21-2009 10:24 PM

still.