Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Lions Pick? (/forums/showthread.php?t=312720)

CLEAR17 04-20-2009 09:13 PM

The Lions Pick?

Ok so my bro's favorite team is the Lions(don't laugh...too hard at him).

He wants Matt Stafford, mainly because he would be more fun on Madden.

I say take Jason Smith.

Answer both Please-even if it is the same player

1) Who would you take if you were the lions GM?

2) Who would you take if you were the lions Madden GM?

IanCummingsFriend 04-20-2009 09:15 PM

Re: The Lions Pick?

out of the 2, smith. I'm going more conservative. I'd pick him for both options.

Reggie16 04-20-2009 09:15 PM

Lions GM: Jason Smith
Madden GM: Sanchez just cause im a USC Fan

sdid22 04-20-2009 09:20 PM

Lions GM Stafford (Curry should be the pick) The Lions will pick first or second next year and I believe next year is ten fold better QB class. They will start Culpepper all year anyways.

Madden GM Staffford easier to make an impact with an overrated QB because he will be overrated!

Smith is a pass blocker he is not an imediate impact tackle like Long and Thomas.

Americas Team1 04-20-2009 09:20 PM

A WR.

Reggie16 04-20-2009 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Americas Team1 (Post 2039452550)
A WR.

LOL

thecougarbear 04-21-2009 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Americas Team1 (Post 2039452550)
A WR.

+1

cam21224 04-21-2009 12:38 AM

I would take Stafford or Sanchez, mainly beause they have a chance to be great quarterbacks well have the potential to be great if they land in the right place.

Seeing how Daunte well start the whole season or roughly most of it, then having the young guy sit on the sideline to watch and study has proven to go a long way (cough) T.Brady/Matt Cassel.

Another reason they should take one of these underclassmen quarterbacks is the depth of offensive linemen in this draft and the fact that none of these linemen or expected to be the next Jake long and make a immediate impact(why take one with the first pick in the draft?)

I think they will take Stafford or Sanchez, although Wake forrest stud Aaron Curry can start that rebuild of that horrible defense.

GM OF LIONS: take Stafford with the first pick, then picks up a lt with their second pick in the first round which is in the 20's where they can get a quality guy and hopefully they start picking up defensive guys with their other picks(lord knows they need it).