Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Taggin Up (/forums/showthread.php?t=312825)

dano 04-21-2009 11:25 AM

Taggin Up

two times in my game today i was thrown out at home after the CF caught a ball, threw to the pitcher and the pitcher threw home and my guy was out by 5 steps.

all i can say is this game is horrible. i think the pitching and hitting is good but fielding and running were better games 5 years ago. I am winning but i usually give up 2 runs due to OF mistakes or ridiculous baserunning. It seems they fly around the bases until then get home where there pull up. and the bullet arms?

I have waited 4 years now for a replacement for mvp without buying a ps3. but i have to suck it up and toss this game into the garbage.

- can't steal
- cpu can steal at will. in fact, my throw usually gets there after the play is over.
- rocket arms??
- diving plays. i saw at least 10 in one game.

sixtydashone 04-22-2009 08:33 PM

Re: Taggin Up

Yep, I share the same gripes with you on this game. It really makes the whole thing so damn frustrating after awhile. I want The Show sooo bad but I just don't know if I can justify buying a PS3 right now. I went to Best Buy today and was really close to pulling the trigger but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

tril 04-23-2009 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixtydashone (Post 2039461708)
Yep, I share the same gripes with you on this game. It really makes the whole thing so damn frustrating after awhile. I want The Show sooo bad but I just don't know if I can justify buying a PS3 right now. I went to Best Buy today and was really close to pulling the trigger but I just couldn't bring myself to do it.

Dont forget the PS3 also has a built in blue ray disc player. that will be the standard in the future, and it also has a built in hard drive and on line capabilities. go on it's just 399$. you'll get your money's worth.

starship 04-23-2009 10:10 AM

Don't know if this has been mentioned before: At least 4 times since the last patch I've had runners at 2nd & 3rd and when I've tried to tag the runner at third using the LT I've gained control of the guy on 2nd base--the wrong runner. My guy at third just stands there and I lose a run.

The next time I'll try to send all runners, but this creates the possibility that the runner on 2nd will get thrown out.

Another case of 1 step forward, 2 back.

dano 04-23-2009 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starship (Post 2039463633)
Don't know if this has been mentioned before: At least 4 times since the last patch I've had runners at 2nd & 3rd and when I've tried to tag the runner at third using the LT I've gained control of the guy on 2nd base--the wrong runner. My guy at third just stands there and I lose a run.

The next time I'll try to send all runners, but this creates the possibility that the runner on 2nd will get thrown out.

Another case of 1 step forward, 2 back.

I actually knew this and switched to my runner on 3rd. then, i used the right trigger to send him home when the ball was caught. the relay to the pitcher and then catcher nailed him by a few feet.

in my game today i had runners at 1st and 2nd. a single to right and my runner on 1st was out on force to second. if they just fixed the damnj baserunning i could live with the fielding. since i turned to locked i have less of errors.

oh, and the pitchers of the week are all middle relievers.

one more patch could make this game very enjoyable.

Yeah...THAT Guy 04-23-2009 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dano (Post 2039454795)
two times in my game today i was thrown out at home after the CF caught a ball, threw to the pitcher and the pitcher threw home and my guy was out by 5 steps.

all i can say is this game is horrible. i think the pitching and hitting is good but fielding and running were better games 5 years ago. I am winning but i usually give up 2 runs due to OF mistakes or ridiculous baserunning. It seems they fly around the bases until then get home where there pull up. and the bullet arms?

I have waited 4 years now for a replacement for mvp without buying a ps3. but i have to suck it up and toss this game into the garbage.

- can't steal
- cpu can steal at will. in fact, my throw usually gets there after the play is over.
- rocket arms??
- diving plays. i saw at least 10 in one game.

No offense, but you're either being stupid and sending a slow-*** guy home, or you just suck at tagging up because I've found it kinda easy to tag up. I've tagged up from 1st and gone to 2nd a couple times. If you keep baserunners in check, it's almost impossible to let the AI steal unless you just tap the right stick towards the base or something. If you hold it down, the throw is almost perfect all the time.

I'll agree that it is pretty difficult to steal. Here's what I do though. Don't steal on the first pitch cuz most of the time the first pitch is a fastball. If they keep trying to pick u off, wait another pitch before you try to steal cuz they'll be expecting you to steal. Really focus on the pitchers motion so you know when to send ur guys. Obviously make sure you take at least 3 steps before you steal. And don't attempt a steal with anyone with a speed below 80.

dano 04-24-2009 03:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeah...THAT Guy (Post 2039463949)
No offense, but you're either being stupid and sending a slow-*** guy home, or you just suck at tagging up because I've found it kinda easy to tag up. I've tagged up from 1st and gone to 2nd a couple times. If you keep baserunners in check, it's almost impossible to let the AI steal unless you just tap the right stick towards the base or something. If you hold it down, the throw is almost perfect all the time.

I'll agree that it is pretty difficult to steal. Here's what I do though. Don't steal on the first pitch cuz most of the time the first pitch is a fastball. If they keep trying to pick u off, wait another pitch before you try to steal cuz they'll be expecting you to steal. Really focus on the pitchers motion so you know when to send ur guys. Obviously make sure you take at least 3 steps before you steal. And don't attempt a steal with anyone with a speed below 80.

Yes, you are the best. Have you ever really tagged up from 3rd with a normal guy (not speed demon) and were out after a cut off to the pitcher? I wouldn't mind if the OF threw to the plate and he was out. But a cut-off first is a joke.

Since you are so great at this game i am guessing you never were forced out when you hit a single?

And, you seem to be saying that I should never steal on the 1st pitch. unrealistic. or, that i should not steal with anyone below 80 speed. again unrealistic.

Yeah...THAT Guy 04-24-2009 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dano (Post 2039468702)
Yes, you are the best. Have you ever really tagged up from 3rd with a normal guy (not speed demon) and were out after a cut off to the pitcher? I wouldn't mind if the OF threw to the plate and he was out. But a cut-off first is a joke.

Since you are so great at this game i am guessing you never were forced out when you hit a single?

And, you seem to be saying that I should never steal on the 1st pitch. unrealistic. or, that i should not steal with anyone below 80 speed. again unrealistic.

Are you asking if I've ever been thrown out at first from the outfield? If that's what ur asking than no, I've only seen that happen once so far in all my games and that was when I threw out their pitcher and my outfield was playing so shallow it was barely in the outfield.

And no, I'm pretty sure that I haven't been thrown out at the plate a single time in this game yet. If you hit the ball any deep at all it's pretty much a guaranteed run unless the guy has like a 49 speed like my DH does.

And don't steal with guys under 80 in speed unless the pitchers delivery is very slow or unless u feel like taking the chance that their catcher will make a bad throw.