Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Would you enjoy an online mode with 11 users vs 11 users (or anything similiar)? (/forums/showthread.php?t=313097)

rsoxguy12 04-22-2009 06:09 PM

Would you enjoy an online mode with 11 users vs 11 users (or anything similiar)?

Just throwing an idea out there. Similar to what EA has done with Fifa and NBA Live. Each user controls a different player on the field. I know it would be difficult with the different formations and changing positions and such, but would you enjoy this kind of online mode for Madden?

CapnKill 04-22-2009 06:10 PM

Re: Would you enjoy an online mode with 11 users vs 11 users (or anything similiar)?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rsoxguy12 (Post 2039461127)
Just throwing an idea out there. Similar to what EA has done with Fifa and NBA Live. Each user controls a different player on the field. I know it would be difficult with the different formations and changing positions and such, but would you enjoy this kind of online mode for Madden?

We used to play 5 vs 5 back in 2K3 and it was a BLAST!! But... I have to assume this is some type of technical challenge for Tiburon since we haven't even seen 2 vs 2 yet!

Murkzilla 04-22-2009 06:18 PM

Re: Would you enjoy an online mode with 11 users vs 11 users (or anything similiar)?

It would be amazing if you did it with people you actually knew and all had headsets or whatever and could discuss each play selection and all be on the same page. Be the ultimate football gaming experience in my opinion.

As far as 11 random people playing Madden with no coherent game plan and no way of communicating with each other I don't think it would be worthwhile.

I'd love to see the feature but I think EA would have to make sure the right infrastructure was in place to make it succeed.

It's great in NHL but obviously that is much more simple than having 11 people all with individual assignments every play.

CM Hooe 04-22-2009 06:24 PM

For 11v11 they'd need to expand the blocking / pass rushing controls. I feel right now that those are overly simplified and playing in the trenches wouldn't be enjoyable.

LEGENDoflegends 04-22-2009 06:30 PM

90% of the gamers are not that commited. There are so many leagues that never get finished, it is mind blowing. I play a lot of Gears online and I swear sometimes I can't get to wave 4 without someone quitting and that's just 5 people. Can you imagine someone playing center or right tackle all game? The only positions that would be fun would be RB and QB. This idea may sound interesting on paper, but it would be a diaster online.

There is no way you'll get 22 guys online and all 22 users agree with the teams, and positions they would play for a 4 full quarters. Not happening.

thecougarbear 04-22-2009 06:33 PM

I REALLY do not want sports gaming to go in this direction. If I wanted to play a MMORPG or anything similar, I would have bought World of Warcraft years ago...

CapnKill 04-22-2009 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thecougarbear (Post 2039461236)
I REALLY do not want sports gaming to go in this direction. If I wanted to play a MMORPG or anything similar, I would have bought World of Warcraft years ago...

Well its not like 1 vs 1 would go away or anything like that. Not sure why you are concerned.

billyboy316 04-22-2009 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krioniq (Post 2039461187)
For 11v11 they'd need to expand the blocking / pass rushing controls. I feel right now that those are overly simplified and playing in the trenches wouldn't be enjoyable.

My thought exactly. If they could somehow make blocking fun (because who honestly would play as a linemen the way it is now) then I think it would be great.

Also I think the players would almost have to be required to use a headset in order to play (or at least let the players vote to kick someone out).

I could definitely see how this could be a great feature if it was done properly but I just don't see it being done in the next couple of years because there are more important issues to address.