Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Dynamic weather? (/forums/showthread.php?t=313259)

dougdeuce 04-23-2009 12:36 PM

Dynamic weather?

I know that El Tigre is getting it this year, and imo every outdoor sports game NEEDS this. Has there been any hint at this in Madden? I hope so. I remember a Seahawks playoff game a few years back where during the 1st or 2nd quarter it started snowing and the crowd went bonkers. everyone had been hoping for it for a HFA and it finally showed up.

Weather doesn't say, "oh, there's a game coming, better make up my mind for the next 3 hours"
It's constantly changing, and I think this has to be represented. Can't EA just steal the system from Tiger since they're both EA?

Maelstrom-XIII 04-23-2009 12:38 PM

Re: Dynamic weather?

This would be great, as long as they can keep it from going "84 degrees, sunny" to "32 degrees, snowing"...hey, a small error in the implementation could lead to this...or vice versa. :)

dougdeuce 04-23-2009 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maelstrom-XIII (Post 2039464132)
This would be great, as long as they can keep it from going "84 degrees, sunny" to "32 degrees, snowing"...hey, a small error in the implementation could lead to this...or vice versa. :)

true that

The Sim God 04-23-2009 12:44 PM

i know they cant do snow/rain online due to the lag

but id like to see wind AND day to night games for online folks

if it doesnt pertain to online play, i could care less what the game adds

seriousluboy83 04-23-2009 12:44 PM

live weather feed(NCAA)

Kingspadee 04-23-2009 12:47 PM

This is actually a big deal to me. ESPECIALLY if we have Online Dynasties. I would love to see the weather report being cloudy with a chance of rain in nov. and then it goes from light rain to heavy rain to snow

Kingspadee 04-23-2009 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Sim God (Post 2039464164)
i know they cant do snow/rain online due to the lag

but id like to see wind AND day to night games for online folks

if it doesnt pertain to online play, i could care less what the game adds

They have WIND online, they have snow and rain as well

matter of fact me and Rolltide's first game was a heavy snow game.

Maelstrom-XIII 04-23-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingspadee (Post 2039464181)
This is actually a big deal to me. ESPECIALLY if we have Online Dynasties. I would love to see the weather report being cloudy with a chance of rain in nov. and then it goes from light rain to heavy rain to snow

I'd like to see the forecast be wrong...have the forecast say "Cloudy with 90% chance of rain" and then have it just be overcast all game...or have it snow instead (if cold enough)...it adds realism...they don't always get the weather right. :) but this is small potatoes...