Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Can you throw a legit fade in Madden 10? (/forums/showthread.php?t=313423)

MRxAmazing 04-24-2009 02:23 AM

Can you throw a legit fade in Madden 10?

I guess this more-so goes out to the guys at the community day. If you can answer this, that would be great.

For years now, I've been wanting the ability to throw that fade to the corner of the endzone to see my receiver try to keep his feet in, or leap up and make a jump ball grab. The only games that I've played that somewhat have those, are NFL 2K5 and APF 2K8.

If I cannot throw a realistic pass on a fade pattern in our Madden 10 demo, there's a great possibility I don't buy Madden this year, and just rent it from GameFly (to most likely be really disappointed).

That would mark the first year since 1999 that I didn't purchase Madden. I'd love to play it on Xbox, but they no longer make it for Xbox. And I cannot play the PS2 version, because my PS3 isn't backwards compatible.

KANE699 04-24-2009 02:24 AM

Re: Can you throw a legit fade in Madden 10?

Never ended up trying in the end zone but I got a nice over the shoulder fade route to Dallas Clark one time.

MRxAmazing 04-24-2009 02:27 AM

The end zone is the most important part man! Well... At least it is somewhat possible in the middle of the field. Hopefully one of the other guys that were there tried it.

Glorious Arc 04-24-2009 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRxAmazing (Post 2039468461)
The end zone is the most important part man! Well... At least it is somewhat possible in the middle of the field. Hopefully one of the other guys that were there tried it.

This

oldskoolmaddenfanz27 04-24-2009 02:35 AM

Its basic football, so im sure it will be in

MRxAmazing 04-24-2009 02:38 AM

LOL you must be late to the party man.
Fades were barely doable in Madden on past-gen.
And are pretty unrealistic in Madden 09 on next-gen.

The ONLY time I ever see a "fade" work in Madden on next-gen, is when the WR has the DB burned. Also, this has to be done with at least 15-20 yards before the endzone. God forbid you try to throw that fade from the 10 yard line. :P

Glorious Arc 04-24-2009 02:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldskoolmaddenfanz27 (Post 2039468488)
Its basic football, so im sure it will be in

Im just saying take T.O. or Randy Moss vs a one on one with a CB and toss the ball up in the endzone in Madden and see what happens without doing user control lol. I worried that a key part to "big" WRs is going to be left out. Whats the point of having a hands WR thats 6'6" that has poor speed but great jump if you can just throw the ball up and let him go get it.

KANE699 04-24-2009 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MRxAmazing (Post 2039468461)

I never thought to do it because it never worked in 09 so it was just more really a fore of habbit.