Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   This screenshot looks a bit unnatural to me... (/forums/showthread.php?t=313502)

CapnKill 04-24-2009 01:21 PM

This screenshot looks a bit unnatural to me...

1 Attachment(s)
I got this from the trailer... Santonio Holme's contortion here really kinda stood out to me... maybe one of Ian's cringe worthy type reaction...

I love the fact that people look at the ball now, i think it makes a huge difference, but I'd like to see a smoother body transition when the WR is looking over his shoulder and preparing to make the catch... This frame right here looks very unnatural to me...

BTW, if this has already been discussed, then feel free to delete... I'm a bit behind the reactions today :)

Netherscourge 04-24-2009 01:23 PM

Re: This screenshot looks a bit unnatural to me...

It's a still shot of a game that's in-motion.

I think it actually looks realistic.

In fact, it would look robotic if you had the player squared up more for the ball - he's supposed to be bent out of posture trying to make a catch like that.

I think it's perfect.

rsoxguy12 04-24-2009 01:24 PM

When you see it in the video, it looks better.
But I agree with you that it looks odd as a screenshot.

CapnKill 04-24-2009 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netherscourge (Post 2039470357)

In fact, it would look robotic if you had the player squared up more for the ball - he's supposed to be bent out of posture trying to make a catch like that.

I think it's perfect.

That's the thing, I went and took the screenshot because it stood out to me in the video... watching it last night and this morning it really just jumped out at me like... hmmm... that looks kinda funky.

I feel as the ball is too far away from the WR for him to begin turning like that so soon....

Also WRs don't usually lean back and turn while they're running down field... if the ball is underthrown they'll turn and jump for it.

Don't know, just really jumped out at me which is why I took the screenshot.... maybe I'm overreacting...

Maelstrom-XIII 04-24-2009 01:35 PM

Meh...it could go either way..it does look unnatural as a screenshot...in motion it looks better, but it could still look a little...strange...who knows, maybe the end result of that play, Holmes pulled a muscle in his back and went out of the game for a few quarters?

bang911 04-24-2009 01:37 PM

I think the animation looks a tad off. This is a ball that is not leading the WR enough. If I was controlling the WR, I would just attack the ball instead of continuing up field.

This is not the best way to catch a ball. It slowed the receiver down enough for Hood to knock the ball out after the catch. I think if this was 09 the WR would of done the "spin catch", so this is a step in the right direction.

add- This catch animation did look odd to me in action.

CapnKill 04-24-2009 01:38 PM

1 Attachment(s)
And shortly after we have a clipping issue that I assume will get resolved... where Holme's arm goes through his body to get the ball. And I agree, I would think that a DB playing a flat zone, like Hood seems to be, would not be able to make a play at all... i assume its because the ball was underthrown...

myownsun 04-24-2009 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Netherscourge (Post 2039470357)

I think it's perfect.

Agreed its a wr adjusting to the ball it could be camera angle the makes it look bad but i understand whats going on here.