Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The one improvement people don't seem to be talking about (/forums/showthread.php?t=313550)

NumberOneRB 04-24-2009 05:17 PM

The one improvement people don't seem to be talking about

How about the great strides this dev team has made with the player faces? That aspect of the game always use to bother me. Many of the more well known players were barely distinguishable, and generally looked generic. I saw the new pictures on the official website and they were nearly spot on with Polamalu and Fitzy.

Carolina Panthers 04-24-2009 05:26 PM

Re: The one improvement people don't seem to be talking about

Yeah i can't wait to see other player models especially smith

CapnKill 04-24-2009 05:31 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by NumberOneRB (Post 2039471676)
How about the great strides this dev team has made with the player faces? That aspect of the game always use to bother me. Many of the more well known players were barely distinguishable, and generally looked generic. I saw the new pictures on the official website and they were nearly spot on with Polamalu and Fitzy.

I guess cause when I play the game I really don't care what the faces look like. I mean, you always play from behind the player, and even on D its not easy to see the faces, and when the D picks the ball off the camera spins anyway.

Faces and super duper details like that are all great for promo videos and such, but don't really do much for when a normal game is played.

I mean this looks great and all, but when the heck am I going to see this angle during a normal game?!

dougdeuce 04-24-2009 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnKill (Post 2039471735)
I guess cause when I play the game I really don't care what the faces look like. I mean, you always play from behind the player, and even on D its not easy to see the faces, and when the D picks the ball off the camera spins anyway.

Faces and super duper details like that are all great for promo videos and such, but don't really do much for when a normal game is played.

I mean this looks great and all, but when the heck am I going to see this angle during a normal game?!

Hopefully during the TV STYLE PRESENTATION... please!!! If you watch a game on tv you get a lot of close ups. This would be gr-r-r-reat!

SteelerSpartan 04-24-2009 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dougdeuce (Post 2039471820)
Hopefully during the TV STYLE PRESENTATION... please!!! If you watch a game on tv you get a lot of close ups. This would be gr-r-r-reat!

exactly

Brandwin 04-24-2009 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CapnKill (Post 2039471735)

Pretty much how I feel. I don't care a lot about player faces.

JB0B0 04-24-2009 06:05 PM

ok so i make a thread about an improvement in the trailer, and its locked, yet this thread still lives. whats up with this?

roadman 04-24-2009 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JB0B0 (Post 2039471914)
ok so i make a thread about an improvement in the trailer, and its locked, yet this thread still lives. whats up with this?

Ummm......., this thread is about pictures, not a trailer?