Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   The Official Brandon Jacobs rating petition. (/forums/showthread.php?t=313559)

dannydufflebags 04-24-2009 05:52 PM

The Official Brandon Jacobs rating petition.

This guy deserves a much better rating, he is one of the top running backs in the NFL. You got the trucking right, but I think he may need to have his acceleration, agility, break tackle and blocking reviewed. Put down the calculator and graph, and take a look at his moves.

5.0 YPC in 07 and 08.???? Who else has done this with over 200 carries in both years?

Answer = NOBODY.... A.P. came very close, and had alot more carries. Thats why he is the #1 back in madden.

I made this video BTW :cool:

http://www.vimeo.com/4317489

kcarr 04-24-2009 05:56 PM

Re: The Official Brandon Jacobs rating petition.

His rating is fine, maybe a little high actually. he shouldn't be above an 89 overall. The problem is there are 4 or 5 guys rated over him who shouldn't be. Those guys need to be dropped down to below where brandon is.

I will wait until we see more about all the individual ratings before I really complain about this though. Maybe they got it right and they just have different formulas for figuring overalls than last year. I am pretty sure donny mentioned this and any time you add ratings some of those formulas need to be reworked.

kcarr 04-24-2009 05:58 PM

Oh, and as for the question in the poll if size was figured into overall like in HC then he might be close. As is though, no.

ghostlight85 04-24-2009 06:00 PM

He's a very good, physical back. And yes, he has pretty good speed and acceleration. But he is not one of the top backs in the league as far as it would translate to an overall rating. He is one of the most difficult to deal with because of his size, but that remains to be seen if it will translate to madden appropriately.

dannydufflebags 04-24-2009 06:05 PM

Wow, no love for Jacobs....

5.0 YPC in 07 and 08.???? Who else has done this with over 200 carries in both years?

Answer = NOBODY.... A.P. came very close, and had alot more carries. Thats why he is the #1 back in madden.

Inspiration 04-24-2009 06:05 PM

Just for future reference, the Giants' logo as your avatar probably doesn't help your cause much.

rckinAPhilliezhat 04-24-2009 06:09 PM

he definately should...the lions should also have the best overall team rating.

dannydufflebags 04-24-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcarr (Post 2039471862)
His rating is fine, maybe a little high actually. he shouldn't be above an 89 overall. The problem is there are 4 or 5 guys rated over him who shouldn't be. Those guys need to be dropped down to below where brandon is.

I will wait until we see more about all the individual ratings before I really complain about this though. Maybe they got it right and they just have different formulas for figuring overalls than last year. I am pretty sure donny mentioned this and any time you add ratings some of those formulas need to be reworked.

I sort of agree. The ratings mean nothing, its where they are in comparison to others. I think Jacobs is a top back in this league. He shouldn't be penalized because his skill set is different.