Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What were your thoughts on the Wii version??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=313650)

Tyrant8RDFL 04-25-2009 01:10 AM

What were your thoughts on the Wii version???

I know most of us are focused on the 360 and PS3 build of Madden 10, but I took a look at the Wii version, and the game looked very smooth.

Now granted the characters are taking a more cartoony approach in appearance, but the game moved very nicely.

What did you think about it, and do you think this version Of madden is going to be arcade?

Here is the Video if u missed it

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPSF9ItWUkE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QPSF9ItWUkE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

If it is sim would you play it?

achain 04-25-2009 01:14 AM

Re: What were your thoughts on the Wii version???

I don't care for the art direction at all. Good thing I'm not a Wii gamer.

Pnutt6 04-25-2009 01:16 AM

I think it looks pretty good for someone who has a Wii. Honestly I don't think someone looking for a hardcore football simulation is getting a Wii. I believe Wii Sports is still their most popular game so the stylized theme is a good idea. I think it looks like arcade presentation with mostly sim gameplay. Good combo IMO.

BTW, I think it's funny that everyone is a caricature of their real life counterpart, but DeSean Jackson's player model is spot on. :)

HansPup 04-25-2009 01:18 AM

I love the tackle at 1:22! Other than that...no go.

Exonerated 04-25-2009 01:19 AM

Pretty good for the targetted crowd. Models are pretty good. Love the teddy bear linemen, skinny fast kid dbs, huge, buff, built linebackers.

Tyrant8RDFL 04-25-2009 01:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pnutt6 (Post 2039473981)
I think it looks pretty good for someone who has a Wii. Honestly I don't think someone looking for a hardcore football simulation is getting a Wii. I believe Wii Sports is still their most popular game so the stylized theme is a good idea. I think it looks like arcade presentation with mostly sim gameplay. Good combo IMO.

BTW, I think it's funny that everyone is a caricature of their real life counterpart, but DeSean Jackson's player model is spot on. :)

Yea DeSean is pretty spot on. Did u see when the video 1st starts, how DeSean makes a sideline catch. It looks sweet and realistic.

I do agree with your comment on a hardcore gamer buying a Wii. I don't see it either.

I have all 3 systems , so I can mess with the idea on getting the Wii version. I will for sure try it out. It does look like fun, and if the game surprises me with a Sim football experience.
I would be in a good position.

Tyrant8RDFL 04-25-2009 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exonerated (Post 2039473999)
Pretty good for the targetted crowd. Models are pretty good. Love the teddy bear linemen, skinny fast kid dbs, huge, buff, built linebackers.

Yea I like the samethings also. I wonder how far the animations will go in this game.
I mean as far as how many. I'm very curious.

Nature_Boy 04-25-2009 01:32 AM

Not a knock against it but I think the kids will love it. My 8 year old nephew plays Madden 09 a lot but even on rookie, it's still too hard for him. Heck, I might even ask Santa to bring me a copy.