Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Its one trailer... (/forums/showthread.php?t=313682)

countryboy 04-25-2009 09:06 AM

Its one trailer...

Its one trailer. One trailer. Before we jump off ledges, toss the game and its devs under the bus, or praise it as the best Madden to date, why not wait until we get more gameplay vids and actual hands on with the game. Nothing wrong with noting the negatives and the positives, but its silly to go completely to either end of the spectrum.

Some of the things occuring on this forum right now after one trailer and a vid of Fallon playing the game for a total of 2 minutes at best, leave me to believe we're in for a long summer.

Tyrant8RDFL 04-25-2009 09:13 AM

Re: Its one trailer...

After watching that trailer, not only did I jump off the ledge but I'm still falling.

I'm hearing some really cool things from what was seen in the late night show. I have not seen it yet, but looking forward to it, and from the reaction it is getting looks like I will be eating all my words.

Which I really don't mind. I don't want to go a 5th year without a football game. That is why I freaked out after watching that trailer.

I was told next week Ian will be putting together a video geared towards sim football, and I can't wait.

I need to see this video so I can be put at ease. Then I will be the 1st in here to apologize to EA for freaking out and dissing them.

spankdatazz22 04-25-2009 09:23 AM

I agree w/everything Countryboy said. But I think the reactions at both extremes are to be expected. It's unusual having a sports game hyped so far from release, for one. Combined w/Madden having been the only NFL football game on the market and it's history to date next gen there are a lot of factors that will likely only intensify as people start requiring their every concern be addressed - that's the risk they run with this unconventional approach

green94 04-25-2009 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2039474756)
leave me to believe we're in for a long summer.

And you expected anything less? :)

countryboy 04-25-2009 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spankdatazz22 (Post 2039474787)
I agree w/everything Countryboy said. But I think the reactions at both extremes are to be expected. It's unusual having a sports game hyped so far from release, for one. Combined w/Madden having been the only NFL football game on the market and it's history to date next gen there are a lot of factors that will likely only intensify as people start requiring their every concern be addressed - that's the risk they run with this unconventional approach

I don't think you and I have every agreed on anything Spank....:google:

But I agree with you. Its to be expected and as I said, nothing wrong with pointing out both the negatives(C standing there doing nothing, the akward passing animation) nor the positives(9 man gang tackle, the wr/db interaction) but to blow things out of proportion at this state is a little zealous.

But I do agree with you that this is the risk EA takes by releasing early info. The panic/praise buttons are pressed too firmly too early.

SouthernBrick 04-25-2009 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL (Post 2039474766)
After watching that trailer, not only did I jump off the ledge but I'm still falling.

I'm hearing some really cool things from what was seen in the late night show. I have not seen it yet, but looking forward to it, and from the reaction it is getting looks like I will be eating all my words.

Which I really don't mind. I don't want to go a 5th year without a football game. That is why I freaked out after watching that trailer.

I was told next week Ian will be putting together a video geared towards sim football, and I can't wait.

I need to see this video so I can be put at ease. Then I will be the 1st in here to apologize to EA for freaking out and dissing them.

When you do watch the video remeber its more than likely on rookie not all madden or all pro. You will like that video a whole lot better than the trailer. Its nice and slowed down gameplay. IThe tv screen reflects kinda funny so you can't see everything but just enough to know the hard work they have put in.

I'm still saving judgement for a good look at the gameplay though. Not a side view with a reflecting tv.

Positives the game looks smooth from what I can tell, the pocket forms, and there is some presentation in there. The only thing I didn't like is that he threw of his back foot and still bombed it like 50 yards into double coverage with the jets QB(no bret farve).

But remember its more than likely on rookie or pro at the most.

Perfect Zero 04-25-2009 11:52 AM

I didn't see the trailer (played too much UFC demo last night), but I did see the Late Show gameplay. I assumed it was on rookie, or I hope so. I know EA has a track record of saying one thing, and then going the complete opposite on it, so I'll keep a look out for it.

I will say though that I did like what I saw. Even the presentation was simple yet informative, just what you need in a game. I'm reserving judgment, but for now I say that this is going in the right direction.

nightcreeper 04-25-2009 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by countryboy (Post 2039474756)
Its one trailer. One trailer. Before we jump off ledges, toss the game and its devs under the bus, or praise it as the best Madden to date, why not wait until we get more gameplay vids and actual hands on with the game. Nothing wrong with noting the negatives and the positives, but its silly to go completely to either end of the spectrum.

Some of the things occuring on this forum right now after one trailer and a vid of Fallon playing the game for a total of 2 minutes at best, leave me to believe we're in for a long summer.

and its only april guys...