Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden Contract? (/forums/showthread.php?t=313714)

CLEAR17 04-25-2009 12:10 PM

Madden Contract?

Taking a break from the ratings and trailer complaints i was wondering about player contracts. Madden's current contracts are very basic. Click the a button for what a player wants and he is signed. There is no haggling, requirements, or real bonus.

This is my example of Matt Stafford's reported deal
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft0...ory?id=4097641

"According to a source, Stafford will receive a six-year, $72 million deal with $41.7 million guaranteed. The contract could be worth as much as $78 million if Stafford achieves all of his playing incentives."

To make the contract reach the $78 million figure Stafford must play 35% of the snaps as a rookie and 45% of the snaps in the following years. Also every ProBowl he reaches is a bonus too.

I would love to have more complex contracts. Players need to start asking for guaranteed money. And as the gm we should be allowed to put incentives in a contract.

BuzzKardzrool 04-25-2009 12:13 PM

Re: Madden Contract?

Definitely agree. Wouldn't be too hard to implement either. Not one of my top priorities but surely there's room for improvement.

Glorious Arc 04-25-2009 12:17 PM

Head Coach 09 had a robust system that had contract incentives. Josh may have looked at adding them in. I am sure we will hear more when we get another franchise blog.

Lucicren 04-25-2009 12:17 PM

This is a great idea, I really want to be able to assign bonuses to my players for having great years, and staying off the injury list. Plus, you are exactly right, you don't have to know what money is to sign a player in Madden, you simply just go to sign him and the amount of money that shows up is good enough, you go any lower and he refuses, and if you go any higher your just wasting money, there was not any depth to contract signing at all.

kcarr 04-25-2009 01:30 PM

Another thing, top drafted rookie's contracts should be huge. This is why in real life noone has traded for a top 5 pick in the last few years (pretty sure the eli trade was the last one) even though teams have been trying to trade out of those spots. Teams should really be punished for having to draft 1st overall like they are in real life.

Do I think the current system the NFL has in place is right? no.

Do I think there should be a rookie salary cap? yes.

As long as there isn't though, then it needs to be accurately shown in the game.

Another thing, in these games the salary cap goes up every year but the salary demands do not. This needs to be fixed.