Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Weather Impact (/forums/showthread.php?t=315176)

tonedeaf 05-01-2009 01:52 AM

Weather Impact

Hey everyone, im new to OS and this is my first post. I been browsing many threads and i thought i would make a profile. Sorry if what im about to post has been posted before. What bothered me in the previous maddens was the weather had very little impact to how i performed. What was the point of the snow? It looked good graphics wise, but it didnt have any impact when i played. The wind only has an impact in the kicking and punting game and barely in the passing game, if not at all. Im a Giants fan and when its windy in the meadowlands, Eli is just awful throwing the ball. Certain stadiums should have more wind then others(ex Giants stadium) and the QB play should have something to do with the wind. Or when its raining, the ball will slip out of the QBs hand and fumbles should occur more then if it was a nice day out. Players should slip more when its raining or snowing. I dont know if this has been resolved already by the Madden crew and im sorry if they did. I dont pay attention to all the weekely updates. My point is, they need to make the weather have a MUCH bigger impact on how the game plays out. Weather is a big factor in the NFL and it could help or hurt a team significantly. You Thoughts?

Brandon_c993 05-01-2009 01:59 AM

Re: Weather Impact

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonedeaf (Post 2039507280)
Hey everyone, im new to OS and this is my first post. I been browsing many threads and i thought i would make a profile. Sorry if what im about to post has been posted before. What bothered me in the previous maddens was the weather had very little impact to how i performed. What was the point of the snow? It looked good graphics wise, but it didnt have any impact when i played. The wind only has an impact in the kicking and punting game and barely in the passing game, if not at all. Im a Giants fan and when its windy in the meadowlands, Eli is just awful throwing the ball. Certain stadiums should have more wind then others(ex Giants stadium) and the QB play should have something to do with the wind. Or when its raining, the ball will slip out of the QBs hand and fumbles should occur more then if it was a nice day out. Players should slip more when its raining or snowing. I dont know if this has been resolved already by the Madden crew and im sorry if they did. I dont pay attention to all the weekely updates. My point is, they need to make the weather have a MUCH bigger impact on how the game plays out. Weather is a big factor in the NFL and it could help or hurt a team significantly. You Thoughts?

Hey welcome to OS, I know a lot of people have said that the weather hasn't made an impact for them, but me personally if it snows my players will slip and fall if I go to turn to the side really quickly same with a very rainy game, but I do agree it needs to have more of an impact then it does...

I once played a game online where I forced 5 fumbles(all strips) I don't know if this was due to the heavy rain or not, but I like to think so...:)

Kingspadee 05-01-2009 01:59 AM

Sorry - but walls of text are painful to read

Spaces are your friend

Brandon_c993 05-01-2009 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kingspadee (Post 2039507301)
Sorry - but walls of text are painful to read

Spaces are your friend

lol....:)

tonedeaf 05-01-2009 02:08 AM

i am more concerned with the wind then the rain or snow. i just feel like the wind has no affect when i throw the ball unless i put the wind at like 30MPH or whatever.

sorry about not spacing, lol

The wind played a big role in the playoff game last season between the Eagles and Giants:( .We all talk about how bad we want this madden to feel "real". I think this would give the game a more sim feel.

Brandon_c993 05-01-2009 02:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonedeaf (Post 2039507317)
i am more concerned with the wind then the rain or snow. i just feel like the wind has no affect when i throw the ball unless i put the wind at like 30MPH or whatever.

sorry about not spacing, lol

The wind played a big role in the playoff game last season between the Eagles and Giants:( .We all talk about how bad we want this madden to feel "real". I think this would give the game a more sim feel.

Yea it definitely will but I wouldn't get your hopes up too high for this to be in Madden 10...but then again I could be wrong...just have to wait and see :)

CzecHitYou 05-01-2009 02:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tonedeaf (Post 2039507317)
i am more concerned with the wind then the rain or snow. i just feel like the wind has no affect when i throw the ball unless i put the wind at like 30MPH or whatever...We all talk about how bad we want this madden to feel "real". I think this would give the game a more sim feel.

I agree with you, the wind needs to be a factor. Even on kicks it only seems to factor when the wind is above 15mph..
I hope it plays a role in M10.
BTW, welcome to OS tonedeaf :)

tonedeaf 05-01-2009 02:27 AM

thanks for the replies everyone and thanks for welcoming me to the forum. much appreciated.