Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Is the Awareness attribute broke? (/forums/showthread.php?t=315245)

FOREST007 05-01-2009 10:28 AM

Is the Awareness attribute broke?

I just remember in 05 after i won 3 super bowls my whole team awareness went to 99, which gave my team an unfair overall. Now when i play 09, i notice rookie awareness do not improve that much. After i retired all the "original players" and had a league full of empty faces (imports) the highest awareness rating was 76.

I assume its either: A) my game or B) just cause i always use NCAA imports

but in either case this should be fixed across the board since ratings are starting to take more of an affect. Every player is supposed to get smarter as they get older, or dumber, right?

Valdarez 05-01-2009 11:58 AM

Re: Is the Awareness attribute broke?

I don't know about broken, but as someone posted yesterday it doesn't seem to affect a QB at all.

Maelstrom-XIII 05-01-2009 12:03 PM

Madden 09 is broken...progression is broken, IMO. But there have been a lot of posts regarding the lack of elite talent/progression from drafted players (although I think most NCAA players come in with VERY high ratings...which the team is working on this year...)

Brandon_c993 05-01-2009 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FOREST007 (Post 2039508044)
I just remember in 05 after i won 3 super bowls my whole team awareness went to 99, which gave my team an unfair overall. Now when i play 09, i notice rookie awareness do not improve that much. After i retired all the "original players" and had a league full of empty faces (imports) the highest awareness rating was 76.

I assume its either: A) my game or B) just cause i always use NCAA imports

but in either case this should be fixed across the board since ratings are starting to take more of an affect. Every player is supposed to get smarter as they get older, or dumber, right?

You are not alone so many times I have signed an unsigned rookie with a 71-73 OVR and get them up to about 80-86 OVR but it always makes me mad I look at their awareness rating and it is sometimes as low as 40 something but as high as 60 I can live with 60 but 40???

Needs fixed...

jvaccaro 05-01-2009 12:35 PM

It's been stated many times that AWR has had a reduced role since next gen gaming. How exactly it is used, if it is still used, remains unclear though.

kcarr 05-01-2009 12:35 PM

I have never seen a lack of "elite talent" in classes imported from NCAA. I have actually seen way to much elite talent from these classes. I have seen players from imported classes, out of the box ratings used in NCAA with no created players, who come into madden as 97 or 98 overall. Sometimes these players don't progress but how can they, really?

kcarr 05-01-2009 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jvaccaro (Post 2039508525)
It's been stated many times that AWR has had a reduced role since next gen gaming. How exactly it is used, if it is still used, remains unclear though.

The worst part about them reducing the role is they haven't changed the fact that it still plays a huge role in overall. For instance I was playing around with changing some ratings due to the pat white debate and for a qb 2 points of awareness can raise the overall a point.

Brandon_c993 05-01-2009 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcarr (Post 2039508533)
The worst part about them reducing the role is they haven't changed the fact that it still plays a huge role in overall. For instance I was playing around with changing some ratings due to the pat white debate and for a qb 2 points of awareness can raise the overall a point.

ya lol for a rating that matters so little, it sure matters a lot...:)