Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Power Running Game NCAA 10 (/forums/showthread.php?t=316636)

Diabolicole 05-06-2009 08:16 PM

Power Running Game NCAA 10

Hey I havn't seen anything about this on any of the forums posts or maybe I'm just overlooking it, sorry if that's the case.

Are we going to see any improvements in the power running game? With the improvements to blocking and OL/DL interaction I would hope that the running game will be more dynamic, but will there be any advantages to having a bruiser at HB? In years past, having a guy that can blaze through the line with speed has always been better than the power guy, even when power running. I know madden is compensating for this with the pro-tak system.

Have any of the developers mentioned anything about something along those lines for NCAA?

acts238shaun 05-06-2009 08:20 PM

Re: Power Running Game NCAA 10

Man, I hope so.

zoltan 05-06-2009 08:39 PM

probably lol, Greg H said something about having alot of generic playbooks to fit the different styles of play.

power run
option run
balanced
west coast
spread option
spread
spread pass

just naming a few i think that they should have.

Diabolicole 05-06-2009 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zoltan (Post 2039534022)
probably lol, Greg H said something about having alot of generic playbooks to fit the different styles of play.

power run
option run
balanced
west coast
spread option
spread
spread pass

just naming a few i think that they should have.

Yea I tried several times last year to convert to a power running school in my OD's and suffered for it. The Power and Option Run playbooks really kill you in 3rd and long situation and until the running game is more reliable the reward is not worth the risk. Another reason I've been praying for create-a-playbook to return for like 3 years!

zoltan 05-06-2009 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Diabolicole (Post 2039534081)
Yea I tried several times last year to convert to a power running school in my OD's and suffered for it. The Power and Option Run playbooks really kill you in 3rd and long situation and until the running game is more reliable the reward is not worth the risk. Another reason I've been praying for create-a-playbook to return for like 3 years!

we'll they revamped playbooks............................. AGAIN

and i highly doubt that Create A Playbook will be back

Madwolf 05-07-2009 12:20 AM

If they put Kragthorpe's playbook in the game I'm so never using our playbook. Going straight to Arkansas' playbook and using Bobby Petrino's.

PantherBeast_OS 05-07-2009 02:36 AM

Well the Oline/Dline interacttion has been reworked and alreadt mention in a blog earlier this year. If I can find it I will post it for. Far as the runnin game. The runnin game in 09 was good to me. I still play my 09 slot as of right now until 10 comes out.

Diabolicole 05-07-2009 05:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherbeast (Post 2039535832)
Well the Oline/Dline interacttion has been reworked and alreadt mention in a blog earlier this year. If I can find it I will post it for. Far as the runnin game. The runnin game in 09 was good to me. I still play my 09 slot as of right now until 10 comes out.

I would say that the running game in general has improved over the years but it has the same problems of speed over all other attributes right now. That was the main point I was making. I want to see power as deadly as speed. Well, maybe not as deadly but at least important. Eggshells.