Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Running game in a one-back set (/forums/showthread.php?t=317622)

gr18 05-11-2009 06:11 PM

Running game in a one-back set

I find it extremely difficult in this game to average much more than 2 ypc in a spread offense.It seems like you absolutely need a fullback to consistently gain positive yardage.

Using the Colts ,for instance,you should be able to run the ball a little with Addai and an o-line rated pretty high.Not to mention a great passing game.I find myself throwing 40 times a game because my running game is so lackluster.The only time I can run is in an I or goaline formation.

I'm using the typically recommended sliders as well.The o-line run blocking was always an issue for Madden and the user needed to make up for this but when the computer has the control with this A.I. you seem helpless.

I would like to play a HC game using this years Madden,from the direction it appears to be headed.That would make for a much better in-game experience.

Other than that and some of the sim stats being whacky this is a great game.

miamikris 05-12-2009 03:38 PM

Re: Running game in a one-back set

Quote:

Originally Posted by gr18 (Post 2039553557)
I find it extremely difficult in this game to average much more than 2 ypc in a spread offense.It seems like you absolutely need a fullback to consistently gain positive yardage.

Using the Colts ,for instance,you should be able to run the ball a little with Addai and an o-line rated pretty high.Not to mention a great passing game.I find myself throwing 40 times a game because my running game is so lackluster.The only time I can run is in an I or goaline formation.

I'm using the typically recommended sliders as well.The o-line run blocking was always an issue for Madden and the user needed to make up for this but when the computer has the control with this A.I. you seem helpless.

I would like to play a HC game using this years Madden,from the direction it appears to be headed.That would make for a much better in-game experience.

Other than that and some of the sim stats being whacky this is a great game.

yes it is very hard to run out of the spread!i love the game and have had some success running but not alot out of the spread!i use default sliders with the exception of 40 for rb abiltity they same to hit the holes harder not as much dancing around!you really have to mix up play calling to run well on hc!i love the game in my 5th season with the niners!two super bowl losses two patriots uggh ill keep trying though

BillNyeTheScienceGuy 05-12-2009 04:31 PM

for the spread, i would reccomend using a power back and running down the middle while you have 4 or 5 wide. This basically lets your linemen go 1v1 with their linemen while their ILB will be taken on by the center. as long as your RB gets through the initial contact he should be good for at least 5 or so yards, until the safeties close in.

Sanchez_Mareno 05-12-2009 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillNyeTheScienceGuy (Post 2039557666)
for the spread, i would reccomend using a power back and running down the middle while you have 4 or 5 wide. This basically lets your linemen go 1v1 with their linemen while their ILB will be taken on by the center. as long as your RB gets through the initial contact he should be good for at least 5 or so yards, until the safeties close in.

Yeah this.
If you can get good man to man blocking it can work

Burntoatmeal 05-12-2009 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BillNyeTheScienceGuy (Post 2039557666)

+12345 That's the best way to run out of the spread in my experience. Hit that hole up the middle quick... dives, draws... skip the counters.