Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   OS Fact or Fiction: UFC vs. Fight Night Edition (/forums/showthread.php?t=317746)

RaychelSnr 05-12-2009 12:01 PM

OS Fact or Fiction: UFC vs. Fight Night Edition

This week's Operation Sports Fact or Fiction takes a look at several issues in the sports gaming business today. Will UFC Undisputed be able to compete with fight night? How good will NCAA Footbal 10 be exactly? Chase Becotte and Bryan Estrella have the answers to these questions and more on this week's Fact or Fiction!

Read More - OS Fact or Fiction: UFC vs. Fight Night Edition

acarrero 05-12-2009 05:32 PM

Fight Night should be the better game. First, it has better athletes than Undisputed. You just can't compare a game with athletes like Ali, Tyson, and Frazier, Pacquiao, Cotto to one with Spider Silva, and whoever else is good in MMA. Obviously I'm not a big MMA fan, but lets face it, it's not the big leagues of fighting - the real money and the really good athletes are in boxing. The tradition also counts for something.

That being said, MVP 06: NCAA Baseball was a better baseball game than any MLB game released that year despite inferior athletes being featured, so Undisputed could be the better video game. I just think with the amount of time and money EA has spent on Fight Night, plus all the intangibles that boxing has over a new sport like MMA, it's expected that Fight Night will be the bigger, better game. But I must admit I'm intrigued by the MMA demo. I might just download it. Even people who don't like MMA are raving about it, so this is certainly a good question you bring up. It's possible MMA lends itself better to video games than boxing, but that's hard to believe considering the rules of each sport and how MMA features both wrestling and boxing.

Stumbleweed 05-12-2009 05:54 PM

Re: OS Fact or Fiction: UFC vs. Fight Night Edition

Heh, you made a LOT of MMA fans very angry with that post... I expect a barrage shortly.

kennytomson 05-12-2009 06:11 PM

there are not enough active boxers in FNR4 to make the career mode interesting. it's like playing the NFL 2k9 career mode with the classic players. i for one would rather all current boxers, even lesser name ones, instead of ali and tyson.

SHO 05-12-2009 06:30 PM

acarrero, you are incredibly ignorant about mixed martial arts. It is not worth the time to completely dismantle your post.

I'll simply leave with this note - for being such "inferior" athletes, I find it hilarious that Freddy Roach and other popular boxing trainers love working with them and even try to persuade them to become professional boxers.

Ziza9Noles94 05-12-2009 06:37 PM

The first post is bordering on the ridiculous as far as it's ignorance of the various forms of martial arts present in the "new " sport of MMA aside from just boxing and wrestling. So I won't even address that any further. I think the UFC game will hold it's own for several reasons. 1) It looks to be a fun game to play from what little the demo has shown us. 2) The controls seem responsive for the most part and the come back for more factor should be pretty high. 3) As THE game representing the fastest rising sport (not new), it will surely attract MMA fans and UFC fans, BJJ, Muay Thai, wrestling, boxing, kickboxing, etc. fans looking for a solid fighting game. FNR also looks to be a solid title and has series pedigree and name recognition on it's side. But both games have world class athletes in them. Some better than others, but I won't get into who's better than who right now. Bottom line, I think the UFC game will sell quite well and be a good solid challenge for FNR4.

fpac 05-12-2009 07:42 PM

Re: OS Fact or Fiction: UFC vs. Fight Night Edition

Maybe it's just me, but I don't understand why so many people are so ******* obsessed with comparing the 2 games.

afro_dogg20 05-12-2009 07:53 PM

Looking foward to getting Fight Night and UFC.....both should be good games.