Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   All Pro Football 2K (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   lol Take Two sueing for a delay? (/forums/showthread.php?t=319070)

FootballSchemer 05-17-2009 10:50 PM

lol Take Two sueing for a delay?

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/article...e-nukem-makers

Can someone please shine the mirror in take twos face? Take Two is infamous for delays.... I mean its takes them 3 years to put out a yearly football game.

CM Hooe 05-17-2009 10:58 PM

Re: lol Take Two sueing for a delay?

Quote:

Originally Posted by FootballSchemer (Post 2039580403)

Can someone please shine the mirror in take twos face? Take Two is infamous for delays.... I mean its takes them 3 years to put out a yearly football game.

Doesn't a game have to be announced for it to be delayed? APF2K8 wasn't officially announced really until the game's website (the one with all the legends' names and "Tom Sawyer" playing the background) went live in April 2007 (IIRC) and subsequently came out in July 2007; it was never delayed officially. No future 2K football titles to this point have been announced, so one can't say that 2K9 and/or 2K10 have been delayed, either.

Anything else was just speculation.

bkrich83 05-18-2009 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FootballSchemer (Post 2039580403)

TT had no intentions of APF being a yearly title.

bkrich83 05-18-2009 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Krioniq (Post 2039580432)
Doesn't a game have to be announced for it to be delayed? APF2K8 wasn't officially announced really until the game's website (the one with all the legends' names and "Tom Sawyer" playing the background) went live in April 2007 (IIRC) and subsequently came out in July 2007; it was never delayed officially. No future 2K football titles to this point have been announced, so one can't say that 2K9 and/or 2K10 have been delayed, either.

Anything else was just speculation.

There is nothing in production as we speak from what I understand.

kcxiv 05-18-2009 12:21 AM

They said possibly a bi yearly release, but this is the 2nd year and it hasnt happened, but they didn't promise anything to anyone. They haven't delayed nothing. We just havent gotten anything.

Schemer is grasping for straws.

dal_hawk 05-18-2009 12:46 AM

Well Take Two did have to delay GTA, having problems with getting glitches out of PS3...

But Duke Nukem has been delayed for like a decade...

Valdarez 05-18-2009 01:35 AM

I read an article on this earlier. Sounds like they are trying to secure code rights before other creditors take their piece. You do realize that the title is Duke Nukem Forever right? That game is THE joke for delayed games. I honestly thought it was vapor ware until the leaked game footage hit the net.

FootballSchemer 05-18-2009 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valdarez (Post 2039580862)
I read an article on this earlier. Sounds like they are trying to secure code rights before other creditors take their piece. You do realize that the title is Duke Nukem Forever right? That game is THE joke for delayed games. I honestly thought it was vapor ware until the leaked game footage hit the net.

This game called Rouge Warrior has been delayed for 4 years now?