Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (Joystiq) (/forums/showthread.php?t=319214)

Brnto4life 05-18-2009 05:18 PM

Madden NFL 10 Hands-On Preview (Joystiq)

Joystiq has posted their hands-on preview of Madden NFL 10.

It's a pretty standard article, with two interesting tidbits.

1.) They mention that Madden 10 plays EXACTLY like past iterations, just with Pro-Tak. As a site that doesn't really specialize in sports gaming, I'll take that with a grain of salt. It's still worrisome.

2.) They mention that there will be an "enhanced franchise mode" and a new presentation mode called "The Emotion of the NFL". I haven't heard anything about either of these, so it is interesting.

KANE699 05-18-2009 05:20 PM

Re: Joystiq Impressions: Madden NFL 10 (5/18)

Bwahahahahahaha plays the exact same.

God some of these tools I swear.

I also have not heard about the emotion of the nfl.

Brnto4life 05-18-2009 05:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KANE699 (Post 2039583049)
Bwahahahahahaha plays the exact same.

God some of these tools I swear.

I also have not heard about the emotion of the nfl.

Yeah, like I said Joystiq isn't comprable to someone like Pastapadre when talking about the "nitty-gritty" of gameplay.

I am interested in this "Emotion of the NFL" thing and what it entails. It seems like a really strange name for a mode though and sounds more like a name that marketing has given updated presentation.

Bgamer90 05-18-2009 05:26 PM

"This year is no different and besides Pro-Tak we'll be seeing an enhanced franchise mode, and a presentation mode called "The Emotion of the NFL," which we'll be taking a look at down the line, but we'd like to see Madden take some risks with their engine and possibly try a new approach to the game. But since this is a cash cow for EA, we doubt they'll risk the loss in development time to really innovate."

Wow...

I know that people have their own opinions about the game but how could you say this after the game speed drop, pro-tak, real pockets, etc...

If that isn't a "new (sim) approach", compared to previous years then I don't know what is...

MelMan1486 05-18-2009 05:26 PM

That's why I don't even bother to go to that site.

blocknose 05-18-2009 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bgamer90 (Post 2039583079)
"This year is no different and besides Pro-Tak we'll be seeing an enhanced franchise mode, and a presentation mode called "The Emotion of the NFL," which we'll be taking a look at down the line, but we'd like to see Madden take some risks with their engine and possibly try a new approach to the game. But since this is a cash cow for EA, we doubt they'll risk the loss in development time to really innovate."

Wow...

I know that people have their own opinions about the game but how could you say this after the game speed drop, pro-tak, real pockets, etc...

If that isn't a "new (sim) approach", compared to previous years then I don't know what is...

if its like what we saw when jimmy fallon played the game and dropped back 30 yards and threw a bomb that was caught over 2 players it hasnt changed

Brnto4life 05-18-2009 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MelMan1486 (Post 2039583087)
That's why I don't even bother to go to that site.

I definitely don't go to Joystiq for sports gaming news. However, it's a great place to find information about gaming in general (along wih Kotaku).

Derrville 05-18-2009 05:35 PM

This isnt the only website to say it plays like the past games.