Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Has This Ever Happened in Real Life Even? (/forums/showthread.php?t=319810)

Clarke_311 05-20-2009 08:32 PM

Has This Ever Happened in Real Life Even?

In my career, Adrian Peterson tore both his ACL and PCL and, needless to say, he was out for the season. I've never seen this before. Usually players only tear their ACL, not both at the same time. Has this happened before?

MrNFL_FanIQ 05-20-2009 10:05 PM

Re: Has This Ever Happened in Real Life Even?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarke_311 (Post 2039592921)
In my career, Adrian Peterson tore both his ACL and PCL and, needless to say, he was out for the season. I've never seen this before. Usually players only tear their ACL, not both at the same time. Has this happened before?

Isn't that what happened to Culpepper a few years back?

TheShizNo1 05-21-2009 12:29 AM

Really? It's not uncommon for guys to tear all three(ACL, PCL, MCL). McGahee at Miami, Culepper minn

cutter73 05-21-2009 12:29 AM

Willis McGahee tore his ACL, PCL and MCL in college, so a torn ACL and PCL is a possibility in the NFL. Marshal Yanda, an O-lineman for the Ravens, is also trying to rehab a torn ACL and PCL currently.

It's not a real common combo, but it does happen occasionally in the NFL.

Argath 07-10-2009 01:26 PM

I tore my ACL, PCL, and MCL a couple years ago playing basketball. The doctor was explaining the ligaments to me and if I remember correctly it is actuallly common to tear all 3 at the same time. In fact, I could swear I remember him telling me that if you tear your ACL, that usually means you've torn all the ligaments.. I may have just misheard or am just misremembering the conversation though.

Sanchez_Mareno 07-10-2009 06:50 PM

Ive seen ACL, PCL and MCL tear injuries on the game together and by themselves