Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   People who belong in the Hall Of Fame (/forums/showthread.php?t=320319)

shotgun styles 05-22-2009 07:50 PM

People who belong in the Hall Of Fame

Just a list of people that have been passed over too many times.

Jim Marshall

Charles Haley

Doug Williams

Pat Tillman

Andre Reed

Chris Carter

Dermonti Dawson

Phil Simms

SPTO 05-22-2009 07:55 PM

Re: People who belong in the Hall Of Fame

Simms is borderline IMO. He should get in during the next "dry year" so to speak. Pat Tillman? I know he served his country with great distinction and all but a HOF'er? um, no. Doug Williams put up some pretty good numbers but he's also iffy IMO.

Randall Cunningham should be a HOF'er in my book.

shotgun styles 05-22-2009 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPTO (Post 2039601557)
Simms is borderline IMO. He should get in during the next "dry year" so to speak. Pat Tillman? I know he served his country with great distinction and all but a HOF'er? um, no. Doug Williams put up some pretty good numbers but he's also iffy IMO.

Randall Cunningham should be a HOF'er in my book.

"Contribution to the game".

Tillman's contribution to the game, and this nation warrants admittance.

SPTO 05-22-2009 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shotgun styles (Post 2039601587)
"Contribution to the game".

Tillman's contribution to the game, and this nation warrants admittance.

Okay then, let's add Rocky Bleier. I'm serious, that guy was a helluva competitor and he served with distinction in the Vietnam war.

Cebby 05-22-2009 08:21 PM

Neither Tillman nor Doug Williams belong anywhere near a football Hall of Fame. What Tillman did is highly respectable, but he wasn't a Hall of Fame football player. Doug Williams isn't even in the ball park of Hall of Famers.

SHO 05-22-2009 09:26 PM

As a big Cardinals fan, Tillman should not be in the HoF as a player. I do think they should put something in the Hall acknowledging his sacrifice.

Doug Williams shouldn't be in either. Being the first black QB in the Super Bowl is huge, but his career wasn't exactly what I'd consider HoF-worthy.

shnuskis 05-22-2009 09:33 PM

I would say Derrick Thomas, Eric Karros and Jerry Kramer deserve serious concideration. I would say Ken Stabler and Ken Anderson would deserve it before Doug Williams, maybe before Cunningham as well. Ricky Waters had great numbers but I wouldn't be upset with leaving him out.

shnuskis 05-22-2009 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlexBrady (Post 2039602024)
Chris Carter- Stat compiler who wasn't a prime time performer, loser personality. Benifitted from Moss's early greatness.

I agreed with most everything but this. This guy was an absolute stud who deserves to be in. Was great long before Moss. The greatest ever at dragging the toes, no one else even compares. The field was 2 yards wider for the Viking qbs than their opponents because of him. Caught everything in sight. Especially third downs to keep the drive going.

As a Packers fan, I saw him plenty, and hated him.