Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Kimbo Slice a TUF 10 contestant (/forums/showthread.php?t=322589)

phillyfan23 06-01-2009 11:19 PM

Kimbo Slice a TUF 10 contestant

http://sports.yahoo.com/mma/news;_yl...yhoo&type=lgns

"Kimbo Slice, the controversial heavyweight who in 2008 headlined the most-viewed mixed martial arts card in history, will be one of 16 contestants on the forthcoming season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s reality TV series."

I hope he does well man....

The Chef 06-01-2009 11:20 PM

Re: Kimbo Slice a TUF 10 contestant

Link doesnt work but if its legit then I will now be watching every episode. Ive lost interest in TUF over the last few seasons but this would bring me right back in.

phillyfan23 06-01-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chef (Post 2039644217)
Link doesnt work but if its legit then I will now be watching every episode. Ive lost interest in TUF over the last few seasons but this would bring me right back in.

Try the link again....should work now.

hawkeyekid 06-01-2009 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phillyfan23 (Post 2039644208)

"Kimbo Slice, the controversial heavyweight who in 2008 headlined the most-viewed mixed martial arts card in history, will be one of 16 contestants on the forthcoming season of “The Ultimate Fighter,” the Ultimate Fighting Championship’s reality TV series."

I hope he does well man....

Hmmmm....interesting. I know Dana White has said the only way Kimbo will fight in the UFC is if he goes through the TUF process.

IMO, I think he'll get pounded.

aholbert32 06-01-2009 11:45 PM

Get the hell out of here. Kimbo and Rampage...thats comedy.

aholbert32 06-01-2009 11:47 PM

Here is the link:

The Chef 06-01-2009 11:49 PM

"Though White goes to great lengths to insist that nothing on the show is scripted, it’s virtually guaranteed that Slice won’t fight early in the competition. Having him around and alive in the competition is going to keep ratings elevated."

That comment has me a little nervous, there better not be any favoritism involved allowing Kimbo to hang around longer then he should by protecting him somehow. If he sucks so bad that he can and probably will lose in the first round then they need to let it happen whether or not its good for ratings.

hawkeyekid 06-01-2009 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Chef (Post 2039644324)
"Though White goes to great lengths to insist that nothing on the show is scripted, it’s virtually guaranteed that Slice won’t fight early in the competition. Having him around and alive in the competition is going to keep ratings elevated."

That comment has me a little nervous, there better not be any favoritism involved allowing Kimbo to hang around longer then he should by protecting him somehow. If he sucks so bad that he can and probably will lose in the first round then they need to let it happen whether or not its good for ratings.

I think they just want his fight to happen last. I would pissed if they somehow had him fight less than everyone else.