Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MMA Forum (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=184)
-   -   Is there a workaround for the CAF point limit?.... (/forums/showthread.php?t=322991)

aholbert32 06-03-2009 11:15 AM

Is there a workaround for the CAF point limit?....

....or an easy way to earn those points. I created Jon Jones and I want to rate him realistically. Thanks.

MC Fatigue 06-03-2009 11:20 AM

Re: Is there a workaround for the CAF point limit?....

Nope - just career mode.

You should be able to rate him realistically with the points you're given though, he's a good fighter, but he has ways to go yet... If you can't get his rating around what it should be with the points given, then I would say you're doing it unrealistically.

aholbert32 06-03-2009 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmay (Post 2039651184)
Nope - just career mode.

You should be able to rate him realistically with the points you're given though, he's a good fighter, but he has ways to go yet... If you can't get his rating around what it should be with the points given, then I would say you're doing it unrealistically.

Thanks. Jones isnt that much of a problem but guys like Fedor and Couture are.

MC Fatigue 06-03-2009 11:25 AM

Yeah - for guys like that, you're screwed into going through career mode.

They should have worked it better. People are going online with 110+ OV rated fighters anyway, so what's the difference if they cheese through career mode or not. They should have given more points for non-career CAF.

allBthere 06-03-2009 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32 (Post 2039651198)
Thanks. Jones isnt that much of a problem but guys like Fedor and Couture are.

my fedor is 93 overall and had a 31-4 record. I knew i had to do his career to get him to be good. I also did it on advanced to minimize losses (and I even cheated by going to the dashboard after a few losses)

MC Fatigue 06-03-2009 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allBthere (Post 2039651208)
my fedor is 93 overall and had a 31-4 record. I knew i had to do his career to get him to be good. I also did it on advanced to minimize losses (and I even cheated by going to the dashboard after a few losses)

Why not just do it on beginner?

You can blow through your fights that way, and just get to the end result faster - especially if you're going to quit out when you lose anyway.

allBthere 06-03-2009 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Timmay (Post 2039651213)
Why not just do it on beginner?

You can blow through your fights that way, and just get to the end result faster - especially if you're going to quit out when you lose anyway.

submissions, and i didn't want it to be a chore. I wanted to make him good and accurate without sacrificing my own fun. I would have had 8 losses (most via submission)...since he's a boxer/judo I wanted to explore that style and really get into it. A judoku w/ real submission ability and hard boxing punches. He has around 20 offensive kick rating lol. I think his overall rating and individual are pretty accurate. I'll post them later when I'm home.

but yeah, I won't create someone just for the sake of it and have it be a chore. I will enjoy every career or not do it at all.