Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore (/forums/showthread.php?t=324561)

Ian_Cummings 06-09-2009 04:46 PM

Madden NFL 10: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

Check out the new Madden NFL 10 blog.

Quote:

"Donny Moore here, designer for Madden NFL 10. If you've been following me on Twitter (donny_moore) you've likely noticed that I have been working on player ratings for the game, but what I've had to remain pretty tight-lipped on so far this year has been my involvement with Online Franchise. EA Sports president Peter Moore just recently announced this feature last week at the E3 press conference, and we knew going in that there would be all kinds of speculation and discussion over the feature among our fans. So this week we wanted to take the opportunity to answer some of the most common questions that we've been seeing from the community and from the gaming media. Not everyone has a 100% clear idea of what all is included in the mode, and we have also noticed that some folks have expressed frustration over missing features. With that being the case, we felt it imperative to explain a.) why we made the decisions that we did and b.) our plan for the future developing on this new platform. This feature is extremely important to me, especially as a die-hard Franchise guy (for those that don't know I worked on NFL Head Coach 09 along with fellow designer Josh Looman), so it has been an incredible experience to be a part of building a brand new Online Franchise experience - something totally new and different for the millions of Madden fans out there."

MattIntellect 06-09-2009 04:49 PM

Re: Online Franchise Q&A with Donny Moore

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA (Post 2039678308)

I've been waiting all day for this.

DubTrey1 06-09-2009 04:52 PM

Thanks Ian.... a very welcomed bit of info bro -

T9R 06-09-2009 04:54 PM

the honesty around what features aren't in is refreshing

Cusefan 06-09-2009 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ian_Cummings_EA (Post 2039678308)

Thanks for the Info Ian, Any idea if you could squeeze in Salary cap for a patch?

Brandwin 06-09-2009 04:56 PM

Hmm..

I guess you can look at online franchise as the NFL before the salary cap. You can stockpile your teams, guys only leave if you release trade or they retire.

I am bummed out that salary cap, contracts and trade logic is missing, they are huge, but it might be fun if we do a waiver wire type of system. It just might end up being a ton of work.

I might end up playing more of this offline then I wanted too.

Thanks for posting, Ian.

salbowski 06-09-2009 04:57 PM

Kinda knew everything in that Q & A already... do appreciate the candidness though.

Be nice if they did the same thing for OFFline franchise.

cowboyscowboys 06-09-2009 04:59 PM

thanks for posting