Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Pro Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   What's that Lassie? THE DREAMBOAT ALMOST SUNK!? Tom Brady was in a bit of TROUBLE! (/forums/showthread.php?t=324583)

The C 06-09-2009 06:00 PM

What's that Lassie? THE DREAMBOAT ALMOST SUNK!? Tom Brady was in a bit of TROUBLE!

The S.S. Dreamboat, Mr. Tom Brady, seems to have had a maritime accident.

Quote:

NBCSports.com news services

updated 1:55 p.m. ET, Tues., June 9, 2009

<script language="javascript">*function UpdateTimeStamp(pdt) { var n = document.getElementById(&quot;udtD&quot;); if(pdt != '' && n && window.DateTime) { var dt = new DateTime(); pdt = dt.T2D(pdt); if(dt.GetTZ(pdt)) {n.innerHTML = dt.D2S(pdt,((''.toLowerCase()=='false')?false:true ));} } } UpdateTimeStamp('633801669148370000');</script>

Tom Brady had to be rescued from the Charles River after flipping his kayak on Sunday, the Boston Herald reported Tuesday.

“He had to be rescued,” an unidentified spectator told the Boston Herald. “The launch guy went out and got him and got him back in the kayak. He’s been bragging about it ever since. He’s telling everyone he rescued Tom Brady.”

After Brady suffered the mishap on the rented kayak, a boathouse attendant went out to rescue the quarterback, the Herald said.

Brady and wife Gisele Bundchen rented two kayaks for a leisurely ride on the river, the Herald said.

“It was more embarrassment than real danger,” the spectator said.
Brady, the 2007 NFL MVP, suffered a knee injury during Week 1 last year and missed the rest of the regular season. The three-time Super Bowl winner has been looking healthy in practice this year, however.
I'm pretty sure this is a Gulf of Tonkin and Bill Belichick actually orchestrated this to rile up the Patriots.

Edit: Mods, please change the spelling of tragedy. I'm not that dumb. I just wanted to be the one to any and all kayak related news.

ProfessaPackMan 06-09-2009 06:24 PM

Re: What's that Lassie? THE DREAMBOAT ALMOST SUNK!? Tom Brady was in a bit of TROUBLE

The Machine almost drowned!?!

I'm pretty sure Rex Ryan is behind this since he did say he would not "Kiss Belichick's Rings" and maybe he was sending a warning to Bill.

OSUFan_88 06-09-2009 11:47 PM

Re: What's that Lassie? THE DREAMBOAT ALMOST SUNK!? Tom Brady was in a bit of TROUBLE

This is fishy...not like it matters, Tom Brady doesn't need to breathe.

SHO 06-09-2009 11:58 PM

I hope that he's OK.

PantherBeast_OS 06-10-2009 03:49 AM

This guy is still recoverying from his knee surgry. He is out on the water risky hurting himself again. LOL some of the players don't think. Well I am glad for pats fans Tom is ok. Because if tom was to have got hurt some how. Then there season would be over before it got started. Because currently the Pats have no proven QB back behind brady. I hate to think what would happen if brady went down again this season. This time no QB to save the pats.:blush:

deaduck 06-10-2009 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherbeast (Post 2039681421)
He is out on the water risky hurting himself again. LOL some of the players don't think.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that since Gisele managed to stay in her kayak that the risk factor was minimal, Brady just has the seamanship of Gilligan.

J0nnD0ugh 06-10-2009 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deaduck (Post 2039681515)
.....Brady just has the seamanship of Gilligan.

I wouldn't say that. Brady's got a kid. Ginger & Mary Ann never got pregnant despite being marooned on that island 20 yrs or more. I think its a safe bet that Gilligan was sterile.

FSU_Animal 06-10-2009 05:49 PM

Oh, heaven forbid that a player actually takes a vacation with his wife. I wonder how calm the river was because kayaking is actually very simple ... especially if it's on a calm river. Tommy Boy probably just leaned too far.

Haven't ya'll heard though, Tom Brady is some sort of superhuman. He has this unnatural ability to heal at lightspeed.