Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress? (/forums/showthread.php?t=324709)

XtremeDunkz 06-10-2009 03:59 AM

Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

Now don't get me wrong, I applaud Ian and the entire team for the MAJOR turnaround from 09-10, and I will be in line at midnight to pick this up and play it all year long. But after going through alot of features I just realized that a good amount of them are not completely done. It is great to have all these new features, but personally, I would rather have less features that are all 100% fleshed out.

For example:

Refs (don't throw penalty flags)

Acc Clock (no option to run under 2 mins)

Online Franchise (numerous things missing)

Adaptive AI (on defense but not offense)

Online co-op (but only against the cpu)

Extra Point (wrap ups but no highlights)

I know all of these things will be fixed/added to for Madden 2011, and unfortunately these things being still a work in progress has me already looking forward to 2011 before Madden 10 is even released.

BayAreaRYder226 06-10-2009 04:55 AM

Re: Most new features in Madden 10 still a work in progress?

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremedunkz (Post 2039681433)
Now don't get me wrong, I applaud Ian and the entire team for the MAJOR turnaround from 09-10, and I will be in line at midnight to pick this up and play it all year long. But after going through alot of features I just realized that a good amount of them are not completely done. It is great to have all these new features, but personally, I would rather have less features that are all 100% fleshed out.

For example:

I know all of these things will be fixed/added to for Madden 2011, and unfortunately these things being still a work in progress has me already looking forward to 2011 before Madden 10 is even released.

is 2 and 4 confirmed, or just unknown right now?

PantherBeast_OS 06-10-2009 05:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xtremedunkz (Post 2039681433)

For example:

I all I can say is this stuff will be address and fixed in madden 11. I don't think these few things are going to ruin madden 10. Also the online things you are talking bout is hopefully going to get addressed after the release of the game. Ian has done said things like the salary cap and contracts con be add later since this a web base problem. In other words these problems have nothing to do with the disc. So these problems will get addressed after the release. But the other stuff will get worked on in madden 11.

Dynamite 06-10-2009 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherbeast (Post 2039681502)
I all I can say is this stuff will be address and fixed in madden 11. I don't think these few things are going to ruin madden 10. Also the online things you are talking bout is hopefully going to get addressed after the release of the game. Ian has done said things like the salary cap and contracts con be add later since this a web base problem. In other words these problems have nothing to do with the disc. So these problems will get addressed after the release. But the other stuff will get worked on in madden 11.

That's the problem. We shouldn't be looking forward to the next game before the current one comes out, and we definitely shouldn't be worrying if features are making it into the game with their full expectations met. There's no reason why any of these features should be in without them being "completed" and most certainly with most of these, it's a here's the barebones feature you wanted, but missing this that makes it really go.

It's like be careful what you wish for, but with Madden. I am still excited to play this game though, because for a good bit of time, I was pretty impressed with 09, however short-lived it was.

TheCreep 06-10-2009 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dynamite (Post 2039681532)
That's the problem. We shouldn't be looking forward to the next game before the current one comes out, and we definitely shouldn't be worrying if features are making it into the game with their full expectations met. There's no reason why any of these features should be in without them being "completed" and most certainly with most of these, it's a here's the barebones feature you wanted, but missing this that makes it really go.

It's like be careful what you wish for, but with Madden. I am still excited to play this game though, because for a good bit of time, I was pretty impressed with 09, however short-lived it was.

I still am very impressed with 09 actually. I could see the turnaround coming in 08. I knew it was about to start getting good.

Reference the new features not being polished 100%. I think it'll be close enough and a very enjoyable title this year. I wonder if there is another level of pro tak yet to be implemented? I honestly cant see it going any further than what we have now. I think the 9 man level is the last we'll see, just with more tweaks and polish in the coming years.

rckabillyRaider 06-10-2009 08:00 AM

I agree. All the new features do look to be incomplete. Its almost as if we are getting a Madden 11 beta build this August.

However, I will definitely be buying it this year and it looks like it will be a very solid game overall.

Sanchez_Mareno 06-10-2009 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rckabillyRaider (Post 2039681641)
Its almost as if we are getting a Madden 11 beta build this August.

This

mrprice33 06-10-2009 09:16 AM

Do you all not understand how much work it has taken to get madden to this point? Tiburon looks to be making the biggest single year leap in the history of madden, and you're still complaining? What more do you want?