Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A (/forums/showthread.php?t=326442)

turfguy23 06-16-2009 03:57 PM

Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode Improvements: Part 2 Q&A

EA just posted part 2 of their Madden NFL 10 Franchise Mode improvements Q&A.

Quote:

"I’m Josh Looman, senior designer for Madden NFL 10 and the guy who had the privilege of tuning franchise mode this year. I thought I’d sit down and answer a lot of the questions I’ve received about franchise mode and the changes we made this cycle. As I’ve mentioned before (in this blog), my goal was to clean up the logic and get this mode back to where it needed to be. I’ll repeat my favorite analogy for those of you who haven’t heard it before: If you found out you had termites in your house, would you build on another addition or clean up the foundation so that you could build on the house in the future? That was exactly our attitude and my sole focus since I joined the Madden team halfway through the development cycle. I enlisted the help of one of my top programmers from NFL Head Coach ’09 (Jeff Keyek) and worked with the rest of the Madden team to address many of the core aspects of the mode that really needed fixing."

NoFear 06-16-2009 04:00 PM

Re: NEW FRANCHISE BLOG

Sounds good, I can't wait to play Franchise mode.

Only problem is, there was a lot more questions asked, I'm guessing he only answered the one's that he could say yes to? We'll see.

MattIntellect 06-16-2009 04:01 PM

You beat Ian too it Turfguy. You know he was about to post it. :wink:

Matrix-Monkey 06-16-2009 04:02 PM

Would it have been that difficult to include a screenshot of the new scouting screen and the draft screen?

Very little new info as well =/.

Canadeion 06-16-2009 04:03 PM

Hundreds of questions asked....

15 answered.

Very disappointed.

Franchise still looks good and all that, but there were some really good questions asked that he didn't even come close to touching on.

Oh well, he's doing more than they did last year.

turfguy23 06-16-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MattIntellect (Post 2039712071)
You beat Ian too it Turfguy. You know he was about to post it. :wink:

hey, timing is everything.

The draft is gonna be sweet this year. 32 different hand made draft classes. Finally we get to find our "diamond in the rough" in the late rounds.

And the progression sounds like it is going to be great. If I take my 5 round pick DE and he has 8 sacks as a rookie he should see a ratings boost. I love how stats finally mean something. It will really feel like you've "earned" the progression and not just "hoped" for it.

countryboy 06-16-2009 04:05 PM

Quote:

Q: Will you marry me?
A: No.
:spit:

Who asked this question? LOL

Sounds good...hopefully it plays out as well as it reads. :)

FadeEmAll 06-16-2009 04:07 PM

I knew he wasn't going to answer every question, them clown up in marketing were going to put a stop to that real quick, but you can definitely see they made some marked improvements to offline franchise. I'm satisfied with the work they did, and I am by no means an easy person to satisfy in regards to gaming expectations. He answered plenty of the crucial questions, the rest was fluff we will have to see when we get the game. ...Now if they can port all this stuff Online baby and we got a WINNER!!!!