Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports NHL Legacy (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   NHL 10 Hands-On Preview (IGN) (/forums/showthread.php?t=326544)

Jamin23 06-16-2009 10:15 PM

NHL 10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

IGN has posted their hands-on preview of NHL 10.

Quote:

"On the ice you'll notice a few new control mechanics. While I didn't get to try it for myself, you'll now be able to whack pucks out of the air when they pop up in front of the goal and deke and shoot from your knees. Another new facet of controlling things on the ice is precision passing. It essentially lets you pass it any direction, at any speed, at any time. Casual fans can turn the feature off, but real NHL pros will be able to bank passes off the boards to get around defenders or squeak the puck through a defender's legs in the hopes of hitting a player streaking towards the goal. I consider myself to be a solid NHL gamer, but even I had some issues with the level of control that precision passing affords."

onlybygrace 06-16-2009 10:46 PM

Re: ign nhl preview

The writer of that preview is not a sim player...that is pretty obvious...at least, its seems like it from statements like, "i wish i could take my skate and cut his face with it" make it sound that way.

Not much credibility with me.

Bolts_26 06-16-2009 11:18 PM

Still, nice to see an update. This game looks like it will be great and it's great to see that were getting pretty decent info already..

savoie2006 06-16-2009 11:38 PM

Like others have stated, hopefully the batting the puck out for the air for a shot isn't very common. As the picture on IGN shows the players stick would clearly be above the cross bar which in hockey is no goal, in EA probably is a goal :(

Vikes1 06-16-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by onlybygrace (Post 2039714316)
The writer of that preview is not a sim player...that is pretty obvious...at least, its seems like it from statements like, "i wish i could take my skate and cut his face with it" make it sound that way.

Not much credibility with me.

Yeah I agree. That was a bit overboard.

At least with that statement, he came across like a 10 year old.

onlybygrace 06-16-2009 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by savoie2006 (Post 2039714635)
Like others have stated, hopefully the batting the puck out for the air for a shot isn't very common. As the picture on IGN shows the players stick would clearly be above the cross bar which in hockey is no goal, in EA probably is a goal :(

I doubt they count as goals...it would be a game killer for so many its not even funny.

Imagine losing a game on a goal that was batted in when it was over the crossbar.

ComaFaction 06-17-2009 09:42 AM

Re: NHL 10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

Notice the half-empty stands in the CHI-SJ game...hmmmmm

metallicatz 06-17-2009 10:58 AM

Re: NHL 10 Hands-On Preview (IGN)

I wouldn't have a problem with batting pucks out of the air into the net, as long as it's not overdone. There were a few of those scored in the playoffs this year.