Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Lack of defensive line pressure (/forums/showthread.php?t=326592)

WisconsinSports414 06-17-2009 01:53 AM

Re: Lack of defensive line pressure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pantherbeast (Post 2039715168)
:confused: Am I missing something. I could sware I can get pressure in ncaa 09. And I play on Heisman as well. Some people most have a tuff time getting pressure. But I find getting pressure in 09 good. I don't know about the rest of you. But I can't wait until the demo comes out this week.:woot:

I could only ever get pressure by blitzing or 'jumping the snap' - and even some cases that was not enough. The majority of plays ended with nearly my entire d line getting either body slammed or flipped over.

GetYaWeigtUp 06-17-2009 02:04 AM

Quote:

:confused: Am I missing something. I could sware I can get pressure in ncaa 09. And I play on Heisman as well. Some people most have a tuff time getting pressure. But I find getting pressure in 09 good. I don't know about the rest of you. But I can't wait until the demo comes out this week.:woot:

Yea you could get pressure a few times a season, and you could even get 12 sacks in a season with 1 player on the screen pass but there was no consistent pressure and I played on Heisman with adjusted sliders also. The QBs all look like Peyton Manning, standing in the pocket all day and picking the defense apart with ease!

mgoblue678 06-17-2009 02:05 AM

Quote:

Don't know what you were playing. Unless you were abusing jump the snap.

sportzbro 06-17-2009 02:11 AM

Quote:

This is simple everybody.... he's playing it on the PS2, duh:wink:

jaynny 06-17-2009 02:11 AM

im curious....do ea make the game each year concerned about getting new buyers or about keeping the existing people that has put millions and million of dollars in their pockets..just wondering...........as said before, these extras NEW features are a waste of time......valubale time and budget money being wasted....here should be their next year major feature "Everything is Fixed, Its in the game...for real, for real"

mKoz26 06-17-2009 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AuburnAlumni (Post 2039715021)
The videos tell the tale on this issue.

Nothing has been done to fix last year's pass rush issue.

Oh..sure..there are new animations. So now instead of being suction blocked for 10 seconds each snap..the D line gets to be pushed around by all new animations for 10 seconds.

EA just doesn't get it...with no real threat from the defensive line...it is IMPOSSIBLE to play solid D.

A full year of screaming our heads off about this issue..and nothing seems to be done about it.

They spend time on Season freaking showdown..a "major feature" that has ZERO impact on any...ANY!...actual gameplay or game feature...and spend zero time creating a worthwhile defensive line presence.

Frustrating...totally frustrating.

But it got EA money which is all the NCAA series is trying to accomplish. You can bet they got paid pretty nicely for all this "Coke Zero" Season Showdown junk.

Monopolies are never good for anyone.

SHO 06-17-2009 02:21 AM

Was the pass rush brought up earlier in the year at "Community Day" by the attendants?

Herky 06-17-2009 02:50 AM

How in the world was d-line pressure able to be obtained in last gen yet on next gen it's so hard to do? Maybe it's something with the engine but this does not make sense.